One lens?

Definitely.

I had one for a while. Mine wasn't great from about 150 to 300mm but AF was super fast.

I ended up getting the Tamron version, used from a local shop. AF isn't quite as fast but this one is much sharper on the long end than my particular Nikon was.

I still have the 80-200 and converter when I need really fast and really sharp but it's nice to have something lighter weight sometimes.

Last edited:
Sony 24-105mm F4 OSS G

The f-stop isn't much a factor, since the new Sony will easily do ISO 12,800, hand held with little noise. Excels at landscapes, portraits (booked) and macro (42.4 mp). The new stuff from Sony is insanely good.

Sony 24-105mm F4 OSS G

The f-stop isn't much a factor, since the new Sony will easily do ISO 12,800, hand held with little noise. Excels at landscapes, portraits (booked) and macro (42.4 mp). The new stuff from Sony is insanely good.

Jealous.

:(

:p

It took me awhile to save up. I was dreaming towards Nikon, then Sony got crazy good. I'm sure stoked!
A few pros are switching from Nikon and Canon over to Sony. They seem to be pushing the envelope more with new technology than the others lately. Sony also offers Zeiss lenses. (I believe they have a "Z" in the model number somewhere.)

A few pros are switching from Nikon and Canon over to Sony. They seem to be pushing the envelope more with new technology than the others lately. Sony also offers Zeiss lenses. (I believe they have a "Z" in the model number somewhere.)
I actually know quite a few professionals that have jump shipped for Sony. Nikon is introducing a full frame, shutterless camera soon with the Sony sensor. But they are taking forever. I couldn't wait.

I have the Sony/Zeiss 55mm f1.8 and it's very nice. Sony's G-Masters lenses are freaking incredible and a lot of other companies are also putting out excellent lenses for Sony too. The 42.2 MP sensor is unreal. It's like magic!

I really don't like zoom lenses, but will use them for travel at a pinch. For me, if it had to be one lens it would be a 35mm on a full frame camera. If I could have two options then the 35mm and then a 150 on a medium format body.

Being a complete amateur, and mainly use my camera for vacation/travel photos, a Tamron 18-250 DiII gets more use than any of my others.

I've been finding on this trip that while the 17-35 has been great for landscape photos, I've been taking the 24-105 with the polarizer most of the time when I don't want to lug the other lenses with me. It covers a lot.

We have two pros in the family and the one that shoots Canon, I'd bet the 24-105 f4L would be the one lens he'd keep.

I've been finding on this trip that while the 17-35 has been great for landscape photos, I've been taking the 24-105 with the polarizer most of the time when I don't want to lug the other lenses with me. It covers a lot.
May last trip I took a 16-35mm and 24-105mm lens. The 16-35mm is one of the sharpest lens I've ever seen, but the 24-105 was on the camera 85% of the time.

My next trip, I'm going super light and I'm thinking about getting the 35mm pancake f2.8. The f1.4and other lenses are an insane 5.25+ times heavier.

Back
Top Bottom