Best artwork for listening space

y4mtA4YNwdryxndB4EsZA-6EHheF13lWUeP76yi_41JTrH-ZFALZj0_7L9JyqOun9hWh0e_vdSXMKImDPdM1gLZy2JqdoaRCEeINMRkIUZrQXFAFEtbIKKMmDEqRqZENzGRHPiOsFC5nfCTUhX1SZdjqXcH_JYlyOtYWgrUh34pbd9WYOJRlOvn6Erds-tjdVWlXIcqE78-lKJxGUPMRg98WA

or adds for your junk....
y4mAT2R1KT-xV8V-OgPeh_fPJSIurMMW-EXeo9dp2wrPCPpMEMCcVGbLWXOaoOkBOU4qbXwPCpGWo98aXskuYgHhqDwrfUtJDlnOqEMfs-XkEE4jBGZ5KF0s9IvdmbAfwqjnYsk4qL--5uHfqU5qelThMJC-q6-dwIRZ8anuyJWNZj0_6m7Ykep4ufjTTaa_ltB0Vx_Eqbsx_-_PABG6M_f-g

4-2-7 it is kind of like that. I saw one and looked for so long. I collect Nipper RCA stuff and I finally found one. I was in a flea market. I had to get it because I had only seen one other one in all my travels. Thanks

I can understand not wanting to look like a 12 year old decorated the room. Gawd, I remember what my sons room looked like when he was 12 years old. My listening room is a bit sparse, and I been looking for ideas. Sometimes I think the Tiki room look. Sometimes retro 60's with Peter Max prints etc. I haven't fallen into a theme yet. The music room is the living room. 2 channel only. the tv is in the family room with the 7.2 system. I love the Maxell poster and I have a print over the record shelf. Framed of course. The room is very live. So mostly I'm looking to build sound panels to break up the walls and maybe thick drapes over the windows and some heavy rugs scattered. Along with the audio gear there are several guitars and a couple of amps.

Any artists who smashed up their gear were pretty stupid to me.

How about some crazy guitar playing cat lighting his axe on fire and smashing it on the stage? That the kind of thing that helped create the legend. :rockon: WILD THING indeed. :king:

Last edited:
Moderation Note:

OK. A minor Friday night dust-up has been cleaned up. Opinions on decor are allowed. Casting negativity on said opinions is not allowed. Picking sides and participating in the resulting festivities are also not allowed.

Folks are interested in what y'all decorate your spaces with. I am in that camp. I am not interested in what folks want to read into what folks put up.

I should have issued a couple of timeouts here, but I am in a rather gracious mood. Don't test me further.

uowadmin.gif

Play nice people

Rich P

Last edited:
Along with the audio gear there are several guitars and a couple of amps.

Musical instruments hanging on the walls act as room treatments. They breakup the refection points, wood bodies absorb sound waves. Old non valuable Sax, Violins, signed drum head, acoustic guitars are nice wall art.

Folks are interested in what y'all decorate your spaces with. I am in that camp.
I think your room looks really nice Rich, that custom wood cabinet with everything in it's place is a nice touch. As I vaguely remember it. you also have wood panel walls? that blends a warm feel to the room.

Musical instruments hanging on the walls act as room treatments. They breakup the refection points, wood bodies absorb sound waves.
That was the idea. Otherwise they sit in their case in a closet. And they look cool. I have a high celling with transom windows over all the windows. A lot of glass. I suspect that attributes a lot to the liveliness in the room. To maintain the theme of the thread here, for my situation, the art work or room treatment needs to contribute to the acoustics of the room.

I have no artwork relating to music. I do have plenty of gear and source material relating to music. I have plenty of wood cabinets with a variety of items of interest on display. Heidi calls it the rabbi room, since I have a variety of paintings and artwork showing rabbis doing their thing.

index.php

Enjoy,
Rich P

Appoint thine walls and table/other furnishing tops with painting, prints, photographs, sculptures, etc., which pleaseth thine eyes.

Really, this is not rocket science. Art hanging on walls isn;t gonna hurt yer 'sound waves" but it might hamper your aesthetic if it doesn't jive with your mind. In the room where I mostly listen to art hang four paintings, a couple of them rather large-ish, and a piece of "tramp art' sculpture atop a buffet side-board. The music doesn't seem to mind.

P.S. But I ogtta admit a "black velet Elvis" somewhere @ the maison would be cool.
P.P.S. But given my location, I'm probably more likely to find a "black velvet Johnny Hallday".

I have this Fran Arnot print that hung in my parent's basement from the late 50s until the mid-70s. After that, it spent 20 years hidden behind my sister's couch. When she moved to PDX in 2001, I was helping her pack and she gave it to me. She was going to throw it in the trash! It measures 18" x 48" and looks great over the couch.

aea883d8562bd1fa0c45aa9905589604.jpg

Back
Top Bottom