Personal & Intimate Listening space

Lovely room!

I'll bet those odd angles are part of why it sounds good. Bi-lateral symmetry is overrated, imo.

Thanks for posting. :)

I know for many of us in this hobby one of our goals is to create a listening environment that is both personal and of course enjoyable. My dedicated listening space is approx. 12 X 14 and everything in this space means something to me.....much of the non-audio contents pays homage to my grandparents homestead that they created from scratch......having immigrated here from Europe and Russia in the late 1800's they literally cleared the land both for the homestead and for their livelihood (farming). And also showing some love for my dad who played piano, saxophone and violin by ear. So whether it's the pipe display reminding me of my dad or the tube radios that remind me of my grandparents kitchen to all the artwork in the room that was either done by family members or friends, it's all meaningful to me.

I love to share this space with friends.....it took awhile to find all the components and get it all organized but I am very happy with the result.

Thanks for sharing my room and it's meaning!!

Great post I have connections similar to you all over the world reguarding family. Also the connection to playing live music nice to read your post and see your set up. Much appreciated. I could go on but keep it simple right now.
Enjoy,
Canton

Lovely room!

I'll bet those odd angles are part of why it sounds good. Bi-lateral symmetry is overrated, imo.

Thanks for posting. :)
Great post I have connections similar to you all over the world reguarding family. Also the connection to playing live music nice to read your post and see your set up. Much appreciated. I could go on but keep it simple right now.
Enjoy,
Canton

Thanks to you both!!

Thanks to you both!!
Have to say all my listening rooms two actually are works in progress so very personal with the pictures and all. That said one demension that is so important is frame of mind, mood, before I sit down. if my head is not in the right place forget about it. And I do until the time and space between my ears is aligned with the whole listening session. Just me not trying to tell anybody anything about listening.
Canton

Good question.....I used Postimage and it seems they have been removed.
On that note I have not been able to log in to my Postimage account for awhile now.

Anyone else having this problem?

Yes. Postimg changed the name of their site from postimg.org to postimg.cc. If you log into postimg.cc using your postimg.org email address and password, all your images will be there.

Also, if you right click on the broken image links, you can open the link in a new tab. You will see a screen that says:

This site can’t be reached

postimg.org’s server IP address could not be found.

But, if you manually edit the URL to change postimg.org to postimg.cc it will take you to the new location for that image.

For example, if I right click on your very first broken image link, it tries to take me to:

https://postimg.org/image/rne8ksq0z/

I get the site can't be reached error, but if I manually edit the url to read:

https://postimg.cc/image/rne8ksq0z/

it takes me to the postimg page for that image, which I can then post in this thread:

IMG_1809.jpg

Yes. Postimg changed the name of their site from postimg.org to postimg.cc. If you log into postimg.cc using your postimg.org email address and password, all your images will be there.

Also, if you right click on the broken image links, you can open the link in a new tab. You will see a screen that says:

This site can’t be reached

postimg.org’s server IP address could not be found.

But, if you manually edit the URL to change postimg.org to postimg.cc it will take you to the new location for that image.

For example, if I right click on your very first broken image link, it tries to take me to:

https://postimg.org/image/rne8ksq0z/

I get the site can't be reached error, but if I manually edit the url to read:

https://postimg.cc/image/rne8ksq0z/

it takes me to the postimg page for that image, which I can then post in this thread:

IMG_1809.jpg

Thx MCM_Fan!!

Back
Top Bottom