Show us your Motorcycles

Had a similar bike....boy did Honda sell a TON of those bikes!!!
Your son's looks to be in lovely shape!!
He got it from second owner...original owner sold it to second with a dealer mistake on title/registration, second owner got away with it until he tried to sell it
to my son, 'cause our Registry of Motor Vehicles caught it. Guy gave my son his money back, but few weeks later called him and told him it was all sorted.

Needed front brake caliper rebuilt and new gas, that was all!

Nice KTM Matt! Mine is enjoying the beautiful spring weather with some track side riding. She seems attracted to large machinery!!

CSX in Wheatfield.jpg

Buffalo Central Terminal
082117 Phone 015.jpg

Switching the Niagara Falls NY Yard
082117 Phone 064.jpg

ST1300

hondas.jpg

DSC_0090.JPG DSC_0092.JPG Sold my 2 stroke track bike a while back which was the first time in 55yrs without a bike. Couldn't stand it any longer and bought a bike. It' not fast down the front straight but more than makes up for it on the technical sections. 52" wheelbase and rails the turns. Probably the second best handling bike I've ever owned. Wife know realizes I'm certifiably nuts. What else is there to do! Upgrades down the road include chain drive and normal dual discs up front. Just one track day so far.

the second best handling bike I've ever owned.

Looks like the last series Buell made with the Rotax engine. Tell us what model and and a little more about it. I have the earlier XB with the Sportster engine but know nothing about the next generation.

2009 XB12

That's the same engine as in mine. There is a group of Buell owners that developed a tuning program that allows you to select one of many fuel and ignition curves. I can't think of the name of it but it can be downloaded online. All you need is the plug that goes from a laptop to the computer. It will run a lot cooler and have more top end with the track tune.
I dig your bike, naturally. :D

There is a cheap airbox mod you can do where you get rid of the air filter and cover and use a K&N filter that supposedly allows for a lot more airflow. That and a Jardine header are the only mods on mine. I am not skilled enough to ride it anywhere near its potential.

Went for a roller coaster ride in the country today.
Managed a ride on my BMW R1150RS today on my day off. Mixed business and pleasure by visiting some of the suppliers for my new house under construction. Just happy the bike started after so long a period of neglect! My new garage is almost ready!

Back
Top Bottom