If you ever feel the urge to take on yet ANOTHER expensive hobby....

Model Railroading can suck a bunch of your money too. Especially if you buy the hand built BRASS steam locomotives.
Prop collecting and Studio scale modeling can be expensive as well.
Ask me how I know this.

I started HO trains shortly before we decided to move. Your right it isn't cheap and when you go the uber train route it gets really pricey

I inherited a large scale R/C model biplane from my dad, thankfully there was no transmitter with it. I might have been tempted to try flying it, no doubt would have ended up a pile of balsa toothpicks! It hangs in my office/den, safe from destruction.IMG_0357 (2).JPG

Flown Model Airplane since I was 11 Not into RC though. also at age 11 I started reloading ammo then there is collecting firearms oh and restoring/building a 48 Willys Jeep, Book collecting, Model airplane magazine collecting (I have almost 5000) then of course the common hobbies Vintage Stereo Gear and 2600 Lps 600 CD's 450+ Cassettes and 230 7" reel to reel tapes. OH and Photography and camera collecting (I had like 45 Canon, Leica, Rollie, Braun cameras at one time and nearly 100 lenses. There are others but that covers most hobbies.

I'm pretty much pared down to audio with remnants of the others.
Trying hard to stop acquiring personal "holy Grail" items, I'm too old to fully enjoy what I have and cleaning up my estate is going to be a nightmare for someone.

I'm looking at taking a loss on the Model Railroad stuff just to be done with it. Then I need to clean out the garage. About the only collectible I'll keep is a copy of the 4' diameter filming miniature of the Lost in Space Jupiter 2. Next up, sell old plastic models. I'll keep my books and LP's for now. AND my indoor RC helicopters.

I inherited a large scale R/C model biplane from my dad, thankfully there was no transmitter with it. I might have been tempted to try flying it, no doubt would have ended up a pile of balsa toothpicks! It hangs in my office/den, safe from destruction.View attachment 1326394
I always wanted a Christen Eagle back in the days when I flew R/C. I think I liked the paint scheme more than the plane itself! Bipes were notoriously squirrely back in the day. You were indeed lucky to not have tried flying it.

Musky Fishin, with all its gear can get expensive. And sometimes a long time between landing/boating a legal sized fish.......Worth It!

Back
Top Bottom