What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

fufftmtbr9rc.jpeg

The Kinks • Face To Face

Happy Friday all. Fall has finally hit the Pocono’s. Chilly here but still no frost.

:thumbsup: Great choice, P-man.

View attachment 1303077

Cleaning some "audio stuff" and forgot I even had a few sets of "Audiophiler" 8uf caps. (German caps). Picke thme up for another project a while back and sold the speakers off after instilling other caps due to this set taking over a month to arrive. I've read good reviews on the brand, the price was not to bad either. They are 3%ers... Need to find a good place for them :)

So now that I remembered I had the set, I decided to look up the brand and order a bunch of random caps to have on hand.

I think I just figured out what I want to do with them, my DM12's could use a good re-capping. :)

dm12_crossover1.jpg

Same with the SX4-G...

I've never once found the spec sheet for the SX4G's. Ill have to do some digging in the Pioneer forum.

That is exactly what I did. These pics are being reposted for your benefit. I got a sink cut out from a marble place ($0). Cut to size with an angle grinder diamond blade (very steady, slow hand required). Finished with a $15 set of pads for the angle grinder from Harbour Freight, and voila! Four pieces of Sorbothane for the feet (Amazon around $25 I think).

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
Just a thought, lots of wholesale/contractor marble/granite suppliers? have "leftover" chunks lying around. Makes a rock (literally) solid top shelf for turntables. Of course, the rest unit has to be built like a brick to support it.

Back
Top Bottom