Your right down the street from me. We have only a handful in the South Tampa Bay area. Glad to see your here. I'm the "Vintage local Tech" I have a full shop set up in my house, have been doing this for decades.

Last edited:
Your right down the street from me. We have only a handful in the South Tampa Bay area. Glad to see your here. I'm the "Vintage local Tech" I have a full shop set up in my house, have been doing this for decades.
Good to see another local vintage tech. I'm not quite in the South Tampa area. Actually live out to the east towards Plant City. But my business is in Brandon area.

Good to see another local vintage tech. I'm not quite in the South Tampa area. Actually live out to the east towards Plant City. But my business is in Brandon area.
I spent a lot of time in Brandon back in the 80-90's.. Traffic is a nightmare there now, used to be just a two lane road with cattle on either side. Welcome to the machine.....

I spent a lot of time in Brandon back in the 80-90's.. Traffic is a nightmare there now, used to be just a two lane road with cattle on either side. Welcome to the machine.....
Same here. Moved out of Brandon about 12 years ago. Just couldn't take it any more.

I'm in Seminole Hts., So that's about as Central Tampa as you can get. Im running ads l1290's with some pioneer spec gear.

Another AK'er in Riverview. Mostly into DIY speakers...ewave and JBL pro loaded stuff for home theater. And the occasional batch of homebrew.

I really should check this subforum more than once every 2-3 years.

Hey, folks. Anything ever come of this? I'm moving to Lakeland for a few months this winter, and then permanently a year later? I've seen a SunCoast Audio Club .... any of you a member of that by now?

Hey, folks. Anything ever come of this? I'm moving to Lakeland for a few months this winter, and then permanently a year later? I've seen a SunCoast Audio Club .... any of you a member of that by now?

I've looked into the SunCoast Audiophile Society if that is what you are referring to. They hosted the recent Florida Audio Expo. I guess I should get off my lazy behind and get in touch with them to see what they are all about.

Back
Top Bottom