New York Audio Show comes back to NYC Nov. 9-11, 2018

Robert Zohn

Since 2016 the New York Audio Show was hosted at the beautiful Park Lane Hotel.

My company reserved two suites, one dedicated to all Technics and our 2nd room audio systems are not finalized yet. Here's a few pic for our two suites at the 2017 NY Audio show:

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

Looking forward to it. I was at the 2016 show and there were several AKers there as well.

I'm attending on Saturday. So if anyone else wants to hang out for the day let's work out a time to meet. I figure I'd try to get there around 10am.

I would love to do this...
How has the attendance been? the room cost seems very high unless there's a lot of non-vendor traffic.

I would love to do this...
How has the attendance been? the room cost seems very high unless there's a lot of non-vendor traffic.
I attended two years ago and it was packed. Hooked up with a couple AKers and we had a great day.
AKer "Supercool", Chris, went last year and said it wasn't as good. Less vendors and none of the systems impressed him much. Said it seemed like everyone demoing systems were playing the same type of music. When I went, some vendors let you play CDs and vinyl you bring with you. I'm hoping this year it will be like 2016.
It might be something you would enjoy, and hopefully this year's show will be fabulous.
Glenn

Hey all,
I just ordered my ticket. It's 4 bucks less if you pre-order your ticket early, 30.00 at the door.
Looks like a lot of exhibitors are attending, should be a lot of fun.
I'm bringing a couple albums and CD's. At the 2016 show, people were getting to play their music on some of the demo systems.
Unfortunately, they did not have cables-hookups for iPods, maybe this time.
Glenn

20181110-133040.jpg
20181110-133040.jpg

It was a very cool show! In big part because the exhibitors were really nice, friendly and helpful people. This is just my opinion....

Got to hear Magico speakers, which I was hoping would not sound too good, because they are expensive and out of reach. They sounded really good. The $10k Magico A3 were very dynamic, clear and well balanced speakers. The $38k Magico speakers with $180k amps, a couple of rooms down was a lot of same but even better, maybe 30% better even most every way. ESD horns sounded just as good if not better. Technics system was good too, very natural. Corinda Acoustics sounded great also, very smooth and easy to listen to. Martin Logan and Dudry Audio was very good, bass ok.

I think the DIY setup we had a the meet up gets me around 50% towards the best, maybe. Got home and put in the demo CD C-A-T amps gave us and my DIY Satori speakers sound good and well balanced but like someone but a bed sheet over my speakers relative to the Magico speakers. Perhaps similar but just not as transparent. Louis Armstrong sounded more natural and younger in the $250k system.

Everybody body else sounded ok but was second fiddle sorta IMO. Nice people though. Also I didn't go to all the rooms, but at more than half of them.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom