Hello from Lancaster, or Philly, or - elsewhere in PA...any interest???

Lots of nice vintage gear comes up on Philly CL. Check it out. I wish I could break away at times to make the drive.

@DolphnSmooth, I'm looking to add the 1250 to my collection at some point. One came up for sale a little bit ago but I missed out on the unit as the owner sold it out from under me.

I'm getting ready to add a turntable to my 1050 so starting to get a collection together.

Does anyone have any R&B or Hip-Hop vinyls they want to part with?

I "have a guy". I'm in Mechanicsburg / Camp Hill area. He's actually a sponsor here, John Wargo. He does great work and is trust worthy. I actually didn't know he was on here when I met him (through a possible ebay sale that I had a question about). He moved about 1.5 hours north but has a delivery guy that picks up and delivers the equipment now.
I know this thread is a bit dated but.....where abouts is John located these days? I'm also 1.5 hours north of the 'burg and could use a good repair guy from time to time.

I know this thread is a bit dated but.....where abouts is John located these days? I'm also 1.5 hours north of the 'burg and could use a good repair guy from time to time.

John did a tuner for me about a year ago, maybe a little longer, and he was in the process of relocating to the Mt. Carmel / Kulpmont area. I've had no contact with him since.

Also new to the Vintage audio thing. A friend spread the disease when he offered to sell me his Rectilinear 4.5 speakers. Since then I've added 4 receivers and 2 cd players. Have been trying to find a way to integrate one of them into my "home theater", but so far can't figure it out.:confused:

I'm in Harrisburg, in case anyone is interested in meeting sometime. As for repair shops, if you are able to travel to Philly, I've had many great experiences with Stephen Monte at Quest for Sound. I've contacted Wargo's Electronics, but never used them. There is a small shop on Derry Street called Rice's Electronics. I took a home theater receiver to them a few years back, and they fixed it up. I paid far too much for the job, but that was probably my fault (sunk cost fallacy) not theirs.

Another shop is CJ's Classic Audio. (http://www.cjsclassicaudio.com/). I've been in contact, but again never ended up using the service.

We are near Williamsport. There use to be a guy in State College. He repaired my Denon DP1200 tt and has worked fine since then(3+yrs ago). I probably have the receipt somewhere if anybody could use it.

There is an Audio Store in West Reading called the Stereo Barn. I took my SX1250 there and someone from Lancaster fixed it for me. Did a total refurb and did a fantastic job. Unfortunately, you have to take your gear to SB so they can get their pound of flesh. As a matter of fact, the fellow in Lancaster used to have an audio store of his own some time back.

I'm from NJ but have customers in York and one in Wrightsville. If I have time when I'm in the area I try and stop at Retro Addicts in York. I've never purchased anything but they keep a nice stock of vintage gear on the shelves and it's interesting to look around. It's small and packed.
Dan's Sound Room in Allentown is also worth a visit. I stopped in there once and mean to get back. I think he is closed two days during the week so check first.

BillWojo

There is an Audio Store in West Reading called the Stereo Barn. I took my SX1250 there and someone from Lancaster fixed it for me. Did a total refurb and did a fantastic job. Unfortunately, you have to take your gear to SB so they can get their pound of flesh. As a matter of fact, the fellow in Lancaster used to have an audio store of his own some time back.
Wow. Stereo Barn is still around? Bought my first AVR from them way back in the late '80s or early '90s.

Hello from Camp Hill !I'm a rookie planning to build up a system...my 1st in 20+ years.My interest lies in a vintage based system from the late 70's minus the speakers.I'll be posting quite a few questions.
Scott

Hello from Camp Hill !I'm a rookie planning to build up a system...my 1st in 20+ years.My interest lies in a vintage based system from the late 70's minus the speakers.I'll be posting quite a few questions.
Scott
Hey Scott I am your neighbor! I live near Armitage Golf Course. I would be happy to help you out. I started (again, after 30 years) about 4 years ago and I'm pretty content with my setup for now.

BTW do you like craft beer?

Back
Top Bottom