Finished System

Ruidoso Bill

20181106_181322 (1).jpg

Not sure if that's completely correct, probably never finished.

I upgraded a Dynaco Pat5 preamp with Update my Dynaco kits, new power supply, new line stages and new phono stages.

I upgraded a Dynaco ST120 with Update my Dynaco kits, new power supply, new amplifier boards and heat sinks.

Rebuilt my old (bought new) Technics SL23, recapped everything, good clean and lube and new belt, even polished out the dustcover.

Bought a pair of LSA 1 Signatures

Pangea 20 inch stands, new shelf unit, built all my own cables with tech flex covering, 12 awg speaker wires with banana plugs.

Overall very happy with this system, super quiet and clean sounding. Small room setup.

That's a very nice setup, Ruidoso Bill. I like the component rack, speaker stands, and especially the finish of the speaker cabinets.

That's a very nice setup, Ruidoso Bill. I like the component rack, speaker stands, and especially the finish of the speaker cabinets.

I am so pleased with the outcome, love your tagline, no arms or legs lost here! I need another project.

Love it. Straight forward and complete. Sounds like you set about with specific things to tackle and got it done. Most of us are all over the board.
What other source you feeding it?

Love it. Straight forward and complete. Sounds like you set about with specific things to tackle and got it done. Most of us are all over the board.
What other source you feeding it?

Ipad and Pandora, have a little amazon library going, waiting for my Audioengine B1 to give me a little additional flexibility, curious if it loses quality. After getting rid of everything years ago including my vinyl, have lots of stuff to request for fathers day, Christmas & birthdays, lol. Will probably stick with vinyl and streaming. Looking for another project!

I guess I'll never be finished, just added the Audioengine B1, no more wires from the ipad. Added a Monoprice 12 inch sub 150 watt for a little more definition on the bottom, I am already looking at tube amp kits, lots of fun building! Finished is in the eye of the beholder...

I
How's it sounding?
I actually think it sounds pretty good, have been playing with the controls, I didn't want booming just a little more low freq presence, I had read a review on the sub and it rated well in the lower price arena, it is big and heavy, but thought I may as well get the 12 inch rather than smaller.

Back
Top Bottom