Granddad went to a home Grandma said his junk was not wanted....

Status
Not open for further replies.
interested to see how it does as a possible replacement for my au6500 separate component stack... works flawless after 4 decades

Any more unwanted junk like that around ! The Eight Deluxe looks in good condition and working flawless after all that time is impressive. You will have to let us know your opinion of how it sounds, compared to the AU-6500.

Any more unwanted junk like that around ! The Eight Deluxe looks in good condition and working flawless after all that time is impressive. You will have to let us know your opinion of how it sounds, compared to the AU-6500.
It will be interesting the 6500 was overhauled some time back....this unit to my surprise sounds killer as is....I listen to everything from Mozart to Metallica
so far whats stood out its clarity hearing instruments/percussion in songs Ive never noticed....could be just the speakers....i will certainly compare the two in an equal arrangement and environment...and return(;

Hoping to find an old folks home that will let me keep my system ...

system-january-2017.jpg

(wish me luck, eh) <G>

Stick Around this Forum has the best people!
And the best community of Audiophile's where Jap-stereos & all Others are appreciated and talked about.
That Sansui of your Grandparents is a Jewel and your Grandpa knew it.
Honor his memory and listen to it with some great sounding Speaker's from that era like my OHM Acoustics Speakers as seen here in my picture..
Be on the lookout for a pair of OHM model H or i or C2 ... .
IMG_20180914_134135241.jpg
If you can't find any then consider some Cerwin Vega's like mine ...in my picture
Just ask questions about anything you might find here and see what some here might have to say.
IMG_20180125_004340993.jpg

It will be interesting the 6500 was overhauled some time back....this unit to my surprise sounds killer as is....I listen to everything from Mozart to Metallica
so far whats stood out its clarity hearing instruments/percussion in songs Ive never noticed....could be just the speakers....i will certainly compare the two in an equal arrangement and environment...and return(;
What speakers are you using ?
Pics please....

And don't forget to thank your Grandma and spend time with her before she's gone.

So far grandads junk is on the little blue pill.....if its never been recapped? sure goes hard:cool:........only running it as is(no eq)via a pair of kl555a's.....hardly up to the level of CV'S & OHM'S so things can only get better

Harvestor n Skizo top shelf setup's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom