Speakers built by NASA rocket scientist...on CL

Press to MECO. Press to MECO ...

They'd make a nice match for my Hughes AK100 maybe. Also built by rocket scientists with wayyyyy too much time to kill ...

hughes-ak100.jpg

hughes-ak-100-naked.jpg

PS ... I see one potential flaw in the design - looks to be a closed box, but some pretty good gaps around the cable exit? Then again, nothing a lump of caulk wouldn't fix ...

Oh. And does anybody recognize the crossover? Looks to be an off the shelf kit ...

Last edited:
I have built a couple of speakers and I'm a metallurgical engineer turned programmer. Does that account for anything?

I would rather buy a rocket built by the rocket scientist since that was his specialty, but how does it add street cred to speakers? Seriously though, I think the tweeter was placed too far from the woofer...l

Had to laugh when I first saw the subject line of the thread ... my first thought was "hey, I'm now an engineer at an aerospace company, so maybe I could use that cred to design/sell speakers too". But then I remembered that I've been doing digital design my entire career, so maybe not. (Ooooh, but I could advertise my speakers as "digital ready" LOL)

I have a set of 15" woofers with alinco magnets that look exactly like those.
Thay came out of a Magnavox console along with a set of horns. Those may not sound too bad. Probably pretty efficient too. 10wpc would be all you need.

Back
Top Bottom