The P-Mount owners club

So, the Pickering XL-33U stylus would be close to the original Stanton EEE? Is that why I bought it, LOL?

This is my newest one, a P205CMK3, also have a couple of 310MCs, a couple SL-15/SL-10 and a SL-M3 turntables.

This one came with a special universal adapter that has no phono leads. Technics provided a p-mount lead adapter with factory soldered phono wires. There is also a small cutout to allow the giant badge on top of the P205CMK3 to fit.

IMG_2100.JPG

Last edited:
My MK3 are silver, and my MK4 are gold. MK3 is 0.149 ETM and MK4 is 0.109. Seems MK4 stylus is 2x7. Not sure what the electrical differences are.

My MK3 are silver, and my MK4 are gold. MK3 is 0.149 ETM and MK4 is 0.109. Seems MK4 stylus is 2x7. Not sure what the electrical differences are.

You're right, mine's silver on top, not gold..

Playing an AT312ep MC cart, sounds pretty good.
IMG_2102.JPG

I have a Technics SL-QL1, which I've owned for about 35 years, and recently installed an AT450 cart. It's paired with my Marantz PM8004 integrated and NHT SuperOne speakers. It's terrific match-up because it's upstairs in an old wood floor home. No vibration worries at all. These old Technics linear trackers are perfect in this sort of environment.

My current T4P TT's:
3x Technics SL10 (two working perfectly and one giving me a hard time figuring out what's wrong with it);
1 SL-J2
Cartridges:
Audio Technica RS 33 (an Akai rebranded 3482) with a 3274 eliptical stylus;
Technics EPC 51 w/ a conical Retone stylus; I may try a Jico conical on it in the future.
Technics EPC 30 waiting for an EPC 33 ES (elliptical) from Thakker;
2 x Leson PMC (manufactured by Excel in the 80's) with a conical (MC1) and an elliptical (MC3) styli;
3 x Technics EPC 310 MC (one N.I.B., one with half its life left, one without the cantilever)
Audio Technica AT 245 LP w/ a line contact bonded stylus;
Shure M92E w/ original stylus;
Shure V15LT - N.I.B., but no sound. Stylus is fine, waiting for a used cartridge to pop up in the market at a fair price...

My current T4P TT's:
3x Technics SL10 (two working perfectly and one giving me a hard time figuring out what's wrong with it);
1 SL-J2
Cartridges:
Audio Technica RS 33 (an Akai rebranded 3482) with a 3274 eliptical stylus;
Technics EPC 51 w/ a conical Retone stylus; I may try a Jico conical on it in the future.
Technics EPC 30 waiting for an EPC 33 ES (elliptical) from Thakker;
2 x Leson PMC (manufactured by Excel in the 80's) with a conical (MC1) and an elliptical (MC3) styli;
3 x Technics EPC 310 MC (one N.I.B., one with half its life left, one without the cantilever)
Audio Technica AT 245 LP w/ a line contact bonded stylus;
Shure M92E w/ original stylus;
Shure V15LT - N.I.B., but no sound. Stylus is fine, waiting for a used cartridge to pop up in the market at a fair price...

Nice collection of SL-10s

Nice collection of SL-10s

Thanks. About a year or so ago, nobody was paying attention to SL10's, so I bought them relatively cheap, which was lucky. In US$ terms, they cost me somewhere between 150 and 200, each. Now they're going for 3 x that.

I also have a pair of SL-10, neither 100% or in service.

They deserve all the love they can get. With a decent cartridge, they are really top-notch performers, but you know that already :).

Thanks. About a year or so ago, nobody was paying attention to SL10's, so I bought them relatively cheap, which was lucky. In US$ terms, they cost me somewhere between 150 and 200, each. Now they're going for 3 x that.

They deserve all the love they can get. With a decent cartridge, they are really top-notch performers, but you know that already :).

I have a couple of SL-7s. One works perfectly, the other one has a tonearm issue. I have a shure V15LT on the working one.

Bumping....

Decided to do a 'holiday binge' on some replacement styli to see what they have under the hood, so to speak. I've never seen reviews on three of these, so... First up:

LP Gear CARBON FIDELITY CFNT4PSE stylus - $39
This is the new carbon fiber elliptical for the newer AT p-mounts.

LP Gear ATNSERIESVL stylus - $116
This is the vivid line for the newer AT p-mounts.

LP Gear Rx9VL stylus - $79
This is a vivid line for the 'Red Ed' style carts (or p-mounts), Goldring Elan/Elektra, ect. They used to market this as a .02 xx .07 hyper elliptical, but now they say it's a VL? Either way, I've been wanting to give this one a listen for a long time now.

Jico SAS upgrade for Shure N97xE stylus - $199
I HAD to grab this before it was gone. Wanted one for a Technics P33S that I have, but couldn't find one reasonably, so.... I'll be popping it on an old Shure/Realistic RXT3 cart when it arrives.

I'll give a report on each as I test 'em out.

I still have the Grado Black, but my Sony PS-LX510 was displaced by a Dual 1215. It might go to a friend. My dad, on the other hand, got his Realistic Lab-2000 connected to his main system now. It functions as my mom's turntable since she is not comfortable messing with the Clearaudio Concept and their Dual is mostly used for 78s and mono, and switching to stereo involves changing the sled. Anyways, he decided to go for a big upgrade and went for the Ortofon 320 from LP Gear.

At Christmas, by the latest, I will go hear how it sounds. I might bring my Grado down just for comparison.

Back
Top Bottom