What cartridge are you currently using on main deck

I am modest.
I like MI and the two give the sound i like are grado and Pickering.
Andre.

I'm using a Shure V15-IV cart on an Thorens TD160 TT.
I bot it used, and it was originally spec'd and set up by a reputable shop in Toronto. (Bay Bloor Audio). The weird thing is, the V15 has too high a compliance for the TP16 tonearm.
Its a very nice sounding cart; Linda Rhonstad's voice is beautiful, so I had to do some tonearm mass mods to get it down to a mass that paired with the V15. It ended up at about 8.5 - 9 hz, just within the tolerance.

Dave

I keep switching between a Shure M75 with elliptical aftermarket stylus and a at3600L on my Dual 601.
Like em both!

I just swapped out my Shure V15LT/JICO N45 SAS for an ADC PSX-40 with a RPSX-30 stylus. It's the first time I've used this combo, and it sounds great on the Technics SL-MA1. I think I'll leave it on for a while.

Same here! :beerchug: ED/Type 2?

I bought the stylus from a guy who apparently imports stylus to Sweden and resells online. He claims it's a Jico made elliptical. I have my doubts... But it's definitely worth the 20 bucks I paid him.

The cartridge is a M75B. But it takes elliptical stylus all right.

I bought the stylus from a guy who apparently imports stylus to Sweden and resells online. He claims it's a Jico made elliptical. I have my doubts... But it's definitely worth the 20 bucks I paid him.

The cartridge is a M75B. But it takes elliptical stylus all right.
IDK about yours, but yes, JICO does make "generic", 0.3x0.7 mil elliptical styli... And mine too, it was originally 75B which was converted to ED/T2 without any problems. Cart is always the same anyway, it's the stylus that makes all the difference ... at least when it comes to M75 that is... :)

Reactions: T68
This is my daily driver. Yamaha GT 2000 with Technics EPC 100C MK3.

This cartridge is said to have the world's smallest effective moving mass @ 0.098mg which is made possible by using a pure boron tapered pipe cantilever.

It has an extremely wide, flat frequency response of 5Hz to 100kHz and sounds fantastic.

F24BF5AD-0824-4C36-8733-A4CD2B951995.jpeg

Put my Sapphire Cantilevered EvoIII back on the SOTA Sapphire.

Its a little dusty, well my whole place is a bit dusty ;)

31213646307_422602c1ee_h.jpg

Nashou

I've been on a Stanton & Pickering roll lately. Currently listening to my Pickering SE-1 with a Jico conical tip.

Back
Top Bottom