What Record Are You Hearing Now?

11jnf54.jpg

What is the difference in sound between your AR & the SOTA? Using the same headshell and cartridge on both!

Ok , Tonight I compared the two tables using the same cartridge , my re tipped Entre EC-20 on a Yamamoto boxwood head shell, the assembly weighs 15 gr .
I used Peter Murphys Deep album for the comparison for now. But to be honest my modified AR XA does very very well next to the SOTA. Both get you involved in the music
and put a smile on your face. Both have tight bass and angelic highs. The one area the SOTA bests the AR is how deep those tight bass notes go. I could feel the synthesized Oboe
in Strange Kind of love more often than while listening to the AR. But thats about it. probably due to the better platter and matt of the SOTA.

So in conclusion i am happy with both being in my system.

44380064660_b75b100016_k.jpg

Athanasios

Ok , Tonight I compared the two tables using the same cartridge , my re tipped Entre EC-20 on a Yamamoto boxwood head shell, the assembly weighs 15 gr .
I used Peter Murphys Deep album for the comparison for now. But to be honest my modified AR XA does very very well next to the SOTA. Both get you involved in the music
and put a smile on your face. Both have tight bass and angelic highs. The one area the SOTA bests the AR is how deep those tight bass notes go. I could feel the synthesized Oboe
in Strange Kind of love more often than while listening to the AR. But thats about it. probably due to the better platter and matt of the SOTA.

So in conclusion i am happy with both being in my system.

44380064660_b75b100016_k.jpg

Athanasios

Thanks for that comparison review! :thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom