Belt needed

flasher1

I just acquired a Kenwood KP-5021 and am looking forms some guidance. This table is a model that has limited information available. It was produced by Treo for the Japanese market but there was a US version, the KP-4021.
Under the covers, it has a similar arrangement as a Thorens TD124 with a pretty massive drive mechanism which utilizes a belt and idler drive.
I am looking for the proper belt for this table. The original is a flat stretchy belt similar to silicone.
It's about 1/2" wide and very thin.
This table is really amazing and totally dead silent. The bass notes really slam.
If anyone knows where I might be able to secure the belt, it would be greatly appreciated. The large idler will need service as well but I know where to send it for a rebuild.
Thanks in advance for your help

Binkman, Just recently picked up the same Kenwood Kp-5021 turntable, do you remember where you got the belt?

I just acquired a Kenwood KP-5021 and am looking forms some guidance. This table is a model that has limited information available. It was produced by Treo for the Japanese market but there was a US version, the KP-4021.
Under the covers, it has a similar arrangement as a Thorens TD124 with a pretty massive drive mechanism which utilizes a belt and idler drive.
I am looking for the proper belt for this table. The original is a flat stretchy belt similar to silicone.
It's about 1/2" wide and very thin.
This table is really amazing and totally dead silent. The bass notes really slam.
If anyone knows where I might be able to secure the belt, it would be greatly appreciated. The large idler will need service as well but I know where to send it for a rebuild.
Thanks in advance for your help
Googled the TT and found a belt on Amazon for $15

FYI — All Kenwood products were named Trio in some markets — TM issues. Otherwise identical.

Back
Top Bottom