Subscriber membership. What is it and how do you become one

Hmmm...tried to be in, but got this instead: "We are unable to complete your request at this time. Please click Retry or try again later. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Message 3004"

Page not found, dammit.

This has to be one of the best bargain audio "tweaks" I've ever gotten for this price; are you kidding me? All the stuff I've learned from this audio site in the past 3 yrs., I'm more than happy to help keep it alive and well !!
Happy B-Day ( late, of coarse ) AK, and may it see another 5 + yrs. or until we all get broadband brain implants !

I'm just glad you guys (and gals!) would LET me in!! As a complete newbie to the online forum community, I have found LOADS more valuable info here than anywhere on the net. As an audiophool, I can assure anyone that, if ya can't find an answer here...there probably ain't one!

:finger:
nonsubscriber.gif

Now that's funny. Can I get one of those?

I do not mind the looks of the red badge, but if a member does not have one, everyone knows that member did not pay the $25. Even though said member may donate that much a year. Could make some feel uncomfortable, or pressured into paying.

The fee is over double what I paid for the VFET TA-5650 :D, but is less than the worth of the info I received here at AK about protecting the VFETS :yes:

While I do donate to AK, I may be less apt to do so if I become a subscriber.
I would still donate if I receive manuals or parts from members.

Those are just some of my thoughts, like them or not.

Now I better go get my red badge.:yes:

Rob

I kind of drift in and out of AK as other interests or responsibilities demand some attention but the small cost of becoming a "Subscriber" is nothing compared to the value I have gotten from this forum. I was wondering what I was going to do with the money I didn't spend to renew my subscription to Stereophile anyway......

When I first discovered AK, I wouldn't have paid $25 to join. I took a while to get into the flow. I'd been a stereo 'loner' for so many years that I didn't realize there were people like me out there.

But after a week or two I would have subscribed with no reservations. The red badge is a little ostentatious, but I'm proud to wear it. Now I need a T-shirt or ballcap to match.

Rick

We still have a few hats left and some shirts. Just drop me a line with what size, color an style of shirt you would like. Thanks

Grumpy

Will do. Just PM me your address.

larger signatures

I wanted to make a minor change to my signature tonight, but it was rejected with the following error message:

1. Your signature can not be longer than 525 characters including BBCode markup.

The fact that I only had attempted to change one or two characters made me curious, so I tried to just save my existing siggie without any changes. Still, the same error message! I am sort of guessing that, as part of the recent software upgrades, signature lengths have been reduced or redefined, but that I maybe was "grandfathered" my longer siggie (I had MS Word "count" my characters - 685 without spaces and 704 with, but don't know how vBulletin counts characters).

So to my questions:

• Is it indeed correct that max. signature lengths have been reduced, or redefined with the same effect?
  • Is the promised larger siggie length for AK Subscribers already in effect? If so, what is it - 525? If not, when will it come into effect?

Thank you.

All the best,

Hey Grumps! Can I get a large 'T' as well? I, sadly, couldn't make it to the SoCal fest so I missed out on any AK goodies. Since I just donated $30 for the site upgrade and am also subscribing after this post . . . I'm due man . . I'm due!

pleeeeeease????:D:yes:

I wanted to make a minor change to my signature tonight, but it was rejected with the following error message:

The fact that I only had attempted to change one or two characters made me curious, so I tried to just save my existing siggie without any changes. Still, the same error message! I am sort of guessing that, as part of the recent software upgrades, signature lengths have been reduced or redefined, but that I maybe was "grandfathered" my longer siggie (I had MS Word "count" my characters - 685 without spaces and 704 with, but don't know how vBulletin counts characters).

So to my questions:

• Is it indeed correct that max. signature lengths have been reduced, or redefined with the same effect?
  • Is the promised larger siggie length for AK Subscribers already in effect? If so, what is it - 525? If not, when will it come into effect?

Thank you.

All the best,

In the past it was unlimited but a limit was set in place long ago. You may not have changed it since then. The Sig character limit was raised to 600 which is over 100 more characters for subscribers then it was in the past. Hope this helps.

Grumpy

In the past it was unlimited but a limit was set in place long ago. You may not have changed it since then. The Sig character limit was raised to 600 which is over 100 more characters for subscribers then it was in the past. Hope this helps.

Grumpy

Grumpy,

This is what the CP tells me:
Your signature can not be longer than 275 characters excluding BB Code markup.

And it seems to be holding me to that limit.

Hope this helps.

Thank you, Grumpy!

This is what the CP tells me:
Your signature can not be longer than 275 characters excluding BB Code markup.
Mine now says:
Your signature can not be longer than 600 characters including BBCode markup.
- I am pretty sure it said 525 when I posted here last time a couple of days ago. In actuality, my sig is at 700 (mostly because of long and unwieldy URL's), a privilege that seems to be "grandfathered", which is a good thing! The side-effect is that I cannot amend my signature at all without paring it back substantially.

I will give some thought to increasing it more and get back to you.

Grumpy

Back
Top Bottom