What TT's do you folks have

Yesterday I picked up a Mitsubishi DP EC7 direct-drive in very nice condition except that the thing uses small belts to move to tonearm (it's full-auto) and said belts have turned to goo. Now it's basically a manual tt with auto lift. The correct belts are hard to find - a couple sites are selling a kit but the belts aren't the right ones, based on the pictures, and the one site that has the right ones wants $50, which I think is way too much for three tiny belts. I'll fix it if I can find the right belts at a decent price.

Last edited:
Yesterday I picked up a Mitsubishi DP EC7 direct-drive in very nice condition except that the thing uses small belts to move to tonearm (it's full-auto) and said belts have turned to goo. Now it's basically a manual tt with auto lift. The correct belts are hard to find - a couple sights are selling a kit but the belts aren't the right ones, based on the pictures) and the one site that has the right ones wants $50, which I think is way too much for three tiny belts. I'll fix it if I can find the right belts at a decent price.

When i first got my Sansui XR-5 and XP-99 turn tables, I had the same problem.

I got a a bag of assorted small rubber bands and found one that would do the job for a couple of years before it got stretch too much.

But I was able to source the correct size better mad belts by then.

The store had lots of different belts for tape decks. :)

I restored/refinished a Technics SL-1100 I found at a local auction.

UJTA0pwh.jpg

Original EPA-110 tonearm, functioning strobe and a Pickering XV-15 cartridge. Absolutely love it.

fLjQo3kh.jpg

FE8EB0BC-6486-42F0-BE04-4047D60BAD53.jpeg B033DB7D-62F5-4CAC-9470-EF38172B3649.jpeg I decided to move my Holbo air-bearing TT and phono stage from its own upright rack to my main stand with the rest of the gear. I was having some noise issues with the long interconnects from phono stage output to my preamp. That issue solved. Now I need to get a nice cover for the table after the new year.

VlffbWb.png

Newest addition to my setup. Just got back from Iowa and is now all beautifully tuned and rehabbed and playing beautiful (8-bit) music.

This kicked my TD-125 MkII up to the living room which didn't have a table. Can't really decide which is the "primary" listening option. Probably both.

Denon DP-30L I bought new from World Camera & Sound on Woodward Ave. in Birmingham (?), MI. Came set up with a B&O cartridge and extra weight on the tonearm since the B&O went straight into the arm, no clamshell. Now rockin' a Grado Blue.

Attachments

• ADIO-181212-002-DP-30L.jpg
    ADIO-181212-002-DP-30L.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 42
Late to this thread but wanted to share my Kenwood KP990. Recapped and serviced it’s in beautiful condition. I have to say I’ve fallen completely in love with it after thinking I was a “Denon guy”. It’s the Japanese model (hence the “KP” and not “KD”) and I use a voltage converter. Hooked up now to a Project Tube Box S2 preamp (this new model does not use op amps). Running through an Onkyo a9010 into, currently, Infinity Qbs or KLH Model 5s (can’t decide which I love more but leaning towards the Infinity for the moment).

Anyhow, I love love love the Kenwood and am threatening to upgrade the stylus (maybe an MC now?).

Still, those Denon 59s are sexy...

36988DA9-3C19-4A1B-B3CB-84E91CC61653.jpeg

VPI HW-19 Jr, Rega RB300 (arm), Sumiko BP Special (cart.). The VPI's feet have been replaced by TipToes (cone spikes); the arm is wrapped with some clear poly 'arm kit' I bought in 1994.

Dual CS-5000, Shure V15-Type 5 MR (limited edition)

Dual CS-505-1, Ortofon OM-30

(Others: Used to own orig. AR turntable, various Dual/United Audio models, and RS Lab direct-drive model)

My VPI tt is shown in this image from my media system, ca. ~2001:

HiFi-labeled2.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom