What TT's do you folks have

I own quite a few turntables and record changers, but presently I'm using a 1977 Collaro PH-1252 with a Shure SC35C cartridge w/SS35C stylus, The phono pre-amp is a Cambridge Audio 640P, the power amp is a modified and integrated Magnavox 9302 tube amp which drives a pair of Klipsch R-51M speakers.Audio Config.jpg

Last edited:
I recently purchased a Thorens TD 165 TT and looking for parts in USA. Not sure all what it needs because it's being shipped. I just got back into the audio area as my first hobby again. I have been out of it for many years and missed it terribly. So, My other equipment is a modest lot that I threw together to get a somewhat fair sound for my listening pleasure. I have a Yamaha RX-V1800 receiver, Bose Acoustimass 10 Series V Home Theater Speaker System, and a Sony CD/DVD player. Hopefully in a year I will have a true stereo again. LOL. So, I really am beginning all over again. I will be snooping at the threads here a lot! Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

I'm pretty new here, I'm lurking for a couple of months. I've got 4 Technics turntables:
- SL-7 in my living room
- SL-D2 connected to my PC to rip LP's
- SL-1500 mkII (with restored armlift) in my study
- SL-1700 mkII, also in my study

IMG-20190109-191835913.jpg

I own quite a few turntables and record changers, but presently I'm using a 1977 Collaro PH-1252 with a Shure SC35C cartridge w/SS35C stylus, The phono pre-amp is a Cambridge Audio 640P, the power amp is a modified and integrated Magnavox 9302 tube amp which drives a pair of Klipsch R-51M speakers.View attachment 1380345
In that class of turntable that Collaro changer is one of the better ones. I'm sure it's giving you lots of enjoyment.

Just moved from an Orbit Plus with a Grado Blue with an 8mz stylus to a Rega Planar 3 with Elys-2 yesterday. Been listening all day today and the difference is astounding. I liked the sound before but this is great! Got the white belt with it so a cartridge upgrade will likely be next, along with the power supply. Since I try to go cash for things I buy it will be a few months for the upgrades.

In that class of turntable that Collaro changer is one of the better ones. I'm sure it's giving you lots of enjoyment.
You're right danj, I love the later model ('77 & '78) Collaro record changers. I've owned all the PH-125x, L6xx,and B6xx models. As a matter of fact, I'm looking for a 4 pole motor for a Collaro PH-1253 (600 series) that I'm working on. If anybody has one, please let me know. :music:

Just moved from an Orbit Plus with a Grado Blue with an 8mz stylus to a Rega Planar 3 with Elys-2 yesterday. Been listening all day today and the difference is astounding. I liked the sound before but this is great! Got the white belt with it so a cartridge upgrade will likely be next, along with the power supply. Since I try to go cash for things I buy it will be a few months for the upgrades.

I can recommend the Ortofon Bronze on that TT. :thumbsup:

Sony_PS_X555_ES.jpg

Sony PS-X555ES linear tonearm, biotracer - Just got it, came with Denon DL-110
Sony PS-X600 biotracer

New cartridge for my Sony PS-X555ES, it's a new old stock Sony XL-MC10 that came in a sealed three-sided pyramid clear plastic box inside of it's original cardboard box. I mounted it to a Sony SH-300 head shell from which I removed the lift arm. I was too afraid someone might try to lift the tonearm on this linear. Also, it makes it weigh less. And that way it also allows me to switch back and forth between the DL-110 on the SH 156 headshell if I have a mind to. Both the new head shell and the cartridge were products of the Sony Sound Tec Corp.

Sony-XL-MC10-on-SH-300-A.jpg

Sony-XL-MC10-on-SH-300-B.jpg

Sony-xl-MC10-1.jpg

Sony-xl-MC10-2.jpg

New cartridge for my Sony PS-X555ES, it's a new old stock Sony XL-MC10 that came in a sealed three-sided pyramid clear plastic box inside of it's original cardboard box. I mounted it to a Sony SH-300 head shell from which I removed the lift arm. I was too afraid someone might try to lift the tonearm on this linear. Also, it makes it weigh less. And that way it also allows me to switch back and forth between the DL-110 on the SH 156 headshell if I have a mind to. Both the new head shell and the cartridge were products of the Sony Sound Tec Corp.

Sony-XL-MC10-on-SH-300-A.jpg

Sony-XL-MC10-on-SH-300-B.jpg

Sony-xl-MC10-1.jpg

Sony-xl-MC10-2.jpg

wow, this one is fabulous

Back
Top Bottom