What Record Are You Hearing Now?

32807404228_580a473749_h.jpg

Xander sure knows his classic '60's music! Does he like "The Mamas & Papas"? ;)
Only me and my wife. ;) I don't have any Mamas and Papas. He likes The Monkees, KISS, Elvis, Dale Watson, Johnny Cash, and Journey. Even though his favorite song is Can't Stop The Feeling by Justin Timberlake, his favorite band is The Beatles. I'm still trying to work my way up to being his favorite singer. :rflmao:

IMG_1770.JPG
Captain Beefheart and the Magic Band: Lick My Decals Off Baby
I heard this album for the first time when I was a freshman in college, courtesy of my (now ex) brother-in-law. I went out and bought it immediately. I was living with 3 other guys at the time, and they couldn't get into it. One of them hated it so much, he threw it away, and I didn't really notice it until I moved out 6 months later. I always intended to replace it.....but never did.....until 45 years later, when my wife happened to be in the local public library (where she works) Friends Shop, and was looking through the records, and stumbled across this, mixed in with a bunch of classical albums. Knowing I wanted it, she coughed up [ the 2 bucks, and gave it to me for my birthday. Cleaned up really well. Now my youngest son really can't stand it....but it's my house and my system....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom