What Record Are You Hearing Now?

Thanks - I listen to a bit of almost everything, with the exception of “angry music”. Music should be fun and pleasant. Life’s too short for unpleasant music and most of us here probably know what sort of music that is. Been buying more and more LP’s from the ‘50s and ‘60s - much of it vocalists, lounge and jazzy easy listening. I think this stuff is overlooked these days for not being “cool”. Been picking up good collections of Englebert Humperdinck, Jack Jones, Ed Ames, Frankie Laine, Tom Jones, Shirley Bassey, Bobby Vinton, Bing Crosby, Jo Stafford.. also lots of Pete Fountain & Al Hirt. Most of it’s in very good shape too. Thankfully, I found a nearby thrift store with a -basement full- of donated records - @ 33¢ each! People who walk in, don’t even know they have ‘em. Makes it easy trying different things at that price. (and no, I’m not sharing their location..)

My collection has grown quite a bit over the past couple years and my tastes have grown as well. ^_^

About 98% of my record collection is thrift records which most of them are .99 each or less.

That's great you have a place where the price is cheap! :thumbsup:

If you haven't heard of "Discogs" it's an excellent place where you can find some really good record deals! I just bought 34 classic Jazz albums from the 1950's & 1960's, some from the 1970's too! My record collection has grown over 5,000 albums! Have to watch what I buy because of limited space. Do I listen to my own advice, NO! :D

https://www.discogs.com

Bill Withers - Still Bill

39731822523_3b4c329243_k.jpg

Back
Top Bottom