My dream car......what's yours?

A later model GT-40 with a maxed out Coyote crate motor. Now for one that won't cost me my drivers license, a 1972 Cougar XR7. Improved suspension so it would handle and a 429SCJ big block stretched out to 490ci-in. I had one with a 351C-2v and enjoyed picking off lesser cars that thought Merc's were all show & no go.

As long as we're dreaming, this is an artist's rendering (compiled from spy photos) of the 2019 C8 mid-engine Corvette due out by summer.

Screen Shot 2019-01-01 at 7.52.20 AM.png

I with Peerson for the `57 Caddy - a dream car to be sure.
Cadillac%20Eldorado%201957.jpg

Make mine a 55 Chevy Sedan Delivery with a well built Big Block Chevy with a Muncie M-22 4 speed and a Gear Vendors O/D and 4:10 gears in the back. Paint would be gloss black and look about 6 feet deep.

One of my favorite vehicles that I ever owned, my friends and I had lots of fun in this thing. Everybody always wanted to take MY car, it was like a rolling party on wheels. Had 3/4" plywood subfloor with nice shag carpeting, hinged so the front edge could be lifted to reveal the cavernous space underneath (cases of beer & ice :)).
Power was a 1965 L78 396/425 HP, Super T10 trans, and a 12-bolt Posi with 4.11s out back. It was a fierce competitor for those times, and a bit of a sleeper....took a lot of muscle car owners by surprise....

upload_2019-1-12_14-22-25.png

One of my favorite vehicles that I ever owned, my friends and I had lots of fun in this thing. Everybody always wanted to take MY car, it was like a rolling party on wheels. Had 3/4" plywood subfloor with nice shag carpeting, hinged so the front edge could be lifted to reveal the cavernous space underneath (cases of beer & ice :)).
Power was a 1965 L78 396/425 HP, Super T10 trans, and a 12-bolt Posi with 4.11s out back. It was a fierce competitor for those times, and a bit of a sleeper....took a lot of muscle car owners by surprise....

View attachment 1384058
Very cool ride. This is as close as I got to having my dream car. Hit some hard times and had to sell before I was able to get it on the road.aug1002rusty1.jpg

My dream cars are:

Datsun 240z with Rebello Racing motor
Porsche Carrera
60's fastback mustangs

Most recently (2015) - has been the Mustang S550 GT350.

I broke down this year and bought my dream car - hey I'm 55 - I deserve a toy. You only live once.

Paid cash - 2018 Mustang GT - gets me as close as I need to - to the GT350

460+ horsepower - close to 8K redline.
Manual 6speed
12:1 compression ratio
Performance Pack (Brembo brakes, Michelin pilots, etc)
Leather
Voice control everything/Siri/Nav

I've just had the Ford Performance X pipe installed - she sounds sick. I'd like to do headers - but - that requires a tune - and I'm not about to mess with my warranty.

full

I don't need a fast car. I drive slowly. I don't need a powerful car. I don't tow anything or race. I do like small fuel efficient vehicles. I've always wanted a 1975-76 Honda Civic CVCC wagon but never found one when I was in the market. I would still keep my 2004 Toyota Tacoma. It has been relatively problem free with 140,000 miles on it so it still has a lot of life. The Honda would be my fun ride with plenty of room for my thrift store finds.

003.jpg

Last edited:
Rolls Royce Silver Ghost.

rolls-royce_silver_ghost.jpeg

I followed the RR Silver Ghost tour around south Jersey years ago, and was fascinated by these then almost 100 year old cars that ran like they were new. Every year the Silver Ghost owners hold a rally of at least 500 miles open to Ghosts and Phantom I and IIs. I stood next to a Silver Ghost in a hotel parking garage, and could not hear the engine run until I walked around back and then I heard the barely perceptible exhaust note. I find cars that were built to a standard that allows them to still be useful after 100 years extraordinary.

View attachment 1384327

I followed the RR Silver Ghost tour around south Jersey years ago, and was fascinated by these then almost 100 year old cars that ran like they were new. Every year the Silver Ghost owners hold a rally of at least 500 miles open to Ghosts and Phantom I and IIs. I stood next to a Silver Ghost in a hotel parking garage, and could not hear the engine run until I walked around back and then I heard the barely perceptible exhaust note. I find cars that were built to a standard that allows them to still be useful after 100 years extraordinary.

View attachment 1384327

There was a vid of the 90th anniversary tour of related sites around GB online that an acquaintance participated in a Mulliner Sedanca deVille P-3, but it's down.

One of my favorite vehicles that I ever owned, my friends and I had lots of fun in this thing.
Everybody always wanted to take MY car, it was like a rolling party on wheels. Had 3/4" plywood subfloor with nice shag carpeting, hinged,
so the front edge could be lifted to reveal the cavernous space underneath (cases of beer & ice :)).
Power was a 1965 L78 396/425 HP, Super T10 trans, and a 12-bolt Posi with 4.11s out back.
It was a fierce competitor for those times, and a bit of a sleeper....took a lot of muscle car owners by surprise....

View attachment 1384058
Street sleepers - def the way to go!

Back
Top Bottom