Sssss

Waiting on a belt for the JVC .There's no use in putting it on at this time as I have it all apart lubricating,cleaning etc. Apparently someone with less knowledge than myself had it open. You know you can just tell sometimes when somethings been tampered with.

XLM-II is the name of an Integra integrated headshell-cartridge model.
View attachment 1382301
XLM Mk II is a different fettle of kish.
View attachment 1382306
If you're certain you have the XLM-II, the the 4108-DET may work, but recently EVG stopped being able to get styli from their Japanese maker and switched to a Swiss maker. I have a handful of the EVG-Japan version and they're really good, but I have not tried the Swiss version, so unless someone speaks up who's tried it, you're blazing a new trail.
If what you have is actually the XLM Mk II, we need to go down a different path.

XLM-II is the name of an Integra integrated headshell-cartridge model.
View attachment 1382301
XLM Mk II is a different fettle of kish.
View attachment 1382306
If you're certain you have the XLM-II, the the 4108-DET may work, but recently EVG stopped being able to get styli from their Japanese maker and switched to a Swiss maker. I have a handful of the EVG-Japan version and they're really good, but I have not tried the Swiss version, so unless someone speaks up who's tried it, you're blazing a new trail.
If what you have is act
The Kenwood KD-31F has a T4P-Pmount cartridge type tone arm.

No much adjustment or alignment in the cartridge set up possible. :idea:
15472651233857967224194004222205.jpg

I got tired of screwing around with what I originally thought ,always go with your gut. The Sssnake sssound is permanently gone as I ditched the electro-voice stylus as well as the ADC cartridge in favor of an inexpensive AT95E for $49.95 Suffice it to say I'm happy, no more unexpected skips or snake sounds! All I had to do was plug that puppy in and adjust the VTA as this cartridge is considerably lighter. That's it! Now back to working on JVC L-A11 .
And thanks so much guys for all the time and info you provided. I work on cars occasionally and sometimes you have to defie logic .In other words just because you changed the spark plugs "stylus" in my case,doesn't mean it's not faulty even if it is new!!!

Perfect!
Nothing like fine the root of the issue!

I am still wondering which protactor did you use to align the cart.

AG.

Ummm .... XLM-II being an integrated cart and headshell ... that doesn't look like what's on that turntable to me ... or am I missing things here? I see cartridge mounting screws. Also, if a swap was done to the AT95e, it had to be mounted in a headshell to do so and that wouldn't be possible for an integrated cart and headshell (unless a spare headshell was available of course). So ... what was the original ADC cartridge? Was the tracking force being set even anywhere in the correct ballpark?

Ummm .... XLM-II being an integrated cart and headshell ... that doesn't look like what's on that turntable to me ... or am I missing things here? I see cartridge mounting screws. Also, if a swap was done to the AT95e, it had to be mounted in a headshell to do so and that wouldn't be possible for an integrated cart and headshell (unless a spare headshell was available of course). So ... what was the original ADC cartridge? Was the tracking force being set even anywhere in the correct ballpark?

Well to be honest I'm not sure what the cartridge is other than it is imprinted with ADC ,no #'s notta and I looked up an integrated cartridge and that's definitely not what I have.
VTA 1.5

Back
Top Bottom