AudioKarma's Memorial Wall (Members Who have Passed)

Sorry. I will not be "memorializing" members whose passing cannot be validated.

Rich P

I get you... I think you might have missed my point. I'd rather hear that someone (that has "disappeared") is on their own private island, sipping on a beverage of their choice, than just no longer with us--dead.

Many thanks for your efforts, I'm sure it is just as emotionally intense as it is labor intensive. :thumbsup:

"Location" is the only place under the avatar that is sure to show for everyone. It is all I have to work with. The request was made that we place an RIP under the avatar of a deceased member. This is the only way I have access to do so.

A profile post that shows when you click an avatar only works if the post is the last one made by the actual member, or one logged in as that one.

Rich P

Rich, see my own avatar custom title and location that I just edited, you may have access to both on a member profile and there’s more room there than even I thought. Also, some member profile pages allow others to post a message to their profile, see Rex Aeterna’s profile for my posting and link to his passing thread.

For some reason, I couldn’t find him on a search of members though. Is that a glitch?

Rich, see my own avatar custom title and location that I just edited, you may have access to both on a member profile and there’s more room there than even I thought. Also, some member profile pages allow others to post a message to their profile, see Rex Aeterna’s profile for my posting and link to his passing thread.

For some reason, I couldn’t find him on a search of members though. Is that a glitch?
I'm sorry. Custom titles are only available on subscriber avatars.

Rich P

One consideration: members choose what they use as a custom title. I thought that what they said about themselves was more important than where they were.

Rich P

One consideration: members choose what they use as a custom title. I thought that what they said about themselves was more important than where they were.

Rich P

I don’t disagree. It was a suggestion for either field because there may be room in either for what is there and a notation of passing. Whatever you or other mods decide is appropriate I’m sure will work.

I don’t disagree. It was a suggestion for either field because there may be room in either for what is there and a notation of passing. Whatever you or other mods decide is appropriate I’m sure will work.
My friend, I understand your input.

Here is my current policy: If there is a custom title, which the member had set for him/herself, it stays and I use location. If the custom title is present, but not customized by the member, I use that. If the custom title field does not present for me, and the location is set, I stash the location elsewhere in the profile fields and use the newly freed location. The whole point is to put an indication under the avatar image that the member has passed.

As for linking in some memorial threads, I think it is a good idea. I intend to work on doing so, but the results may not be comprehensive, since it is, in some cases, difficult to find so much as a date of birth and date of death. The links, when I can find them, shall be in the first post of this thread. I will put a profile post linking to this thread in each deceased member's profile. This shall not present to those clicking avatars, as it would when the member or family member using the member's account posted it, but it will be near at hand. Again, I will do what I can, and thank you for your suggestions.

Enjoy,
Rich P

Last edited:
Links to memorial threads have been posted to the first post of this thread, such as I was able to find. Each profile has received a profile post, linking to this thread for available memorial information.

Enjoy,
Rich P

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom