reccomend a whiskey based on this criteria

I would tell you to grab a bottle of Pappy Van Winkle 15 yr old but you would have better luck catching Bigfoot in a foot snare....

Yeah and the last bottle of that 15yo Van Winkle I saw was well over $100 a bottle and the 20yo was $299.99.

this BUffalo Trace is VERY close to the Hancock, I am happy. don't worry Boytris I'm gonna buy some of yours, cause I still wanna sample the other selections that were mentioned..

So many people suggest Buffalo Trace, I could not drink it.

I also like Russels Reserve @ 110 Proof for Winter sipping

Blanton’s is about as good as it gets for smooth siping bourbon. It’s expensive and getting hard to find. Basil Hayden is another smooth bourbon that you can buy for less money and is easy to find. My favorite is Knob Creek which is 100 proof but still pretty smooth.

Blanton’s is about as good as it gets for smooth siping bourbon. It’s expensive and getting hard to find. Basil Hayden is another smooth bourbon that you can buy for less money and is easy to find. My favorite is Knob Creek which is 100 proof but still pretty smooth.
Funny how one man's Smooth Sipper is another man's double swallow and burn.

Our local shop gets a Barrel of something bottled each year, it was the Blantons a few years back and I hated it. Same company puts out the Buffalo Trace as well as the Jeffersons, the latter of which I would label a Smooth Sipper.

I stopped back at Hewn Spirits last night and picked up another bottle of the Reclamation Single Malt and a bottle of the Red Barn Rye.
redbarn-full1.png

managed to find a bottle of buffalo trace, still looking for the others..........

You were VERY lucky in finding this bottle, IMHO.

My local ABC store laughed when I asked for it,...completely out of stock, zero in warehouse, limited edition runs, limited delivery in area with open-ended delivery date. Salesperson said that it sells out in less than an hour upon delivery. The hunt continues.

@GP Hill One of the stores I contacted recommended the Blanton's as an alternative.

evan-williams-bourbon.jpg

Smoother then most just a bit of sweetness on the lips. NOT expensive at all... Just a little in a glass is good.

66BB1E1B-9A33-4206-9A79-9BFDB45EB7A9.jpeg

You were VERY lucky in finding this bottle, IMHO.

My local ABC store laughed when I asked for it,...completely out of stock, zero in warehouse, limited edition runs, limited delivery in area with open-ended delivery date. Salesperson said that it sells out in less than an hour upon delivery. The hunt continues.

@GP Hill One of the stores I contacted recommended the Blanton's as an alternative.

Hey brother, check the VA ABC stores website, you can search for availability for the stores near you... I have been finding a few bottles here and there on various military bases. If it continues to be hard to come by, I will have to switch brands unfortunately:(

Back
Top Bottom