Show us your JBLs

I would love to hear them Mister Pig.

I enjoy them quite a lot, they are a great speaker with every type of music I have thrown at them. I have one disc done by the Portland Taiko drum group that I played for a friend that has great dynamics, scale, and physical presence. I use a PS Audio BHK 250 Signature amp with it that has all the power on tap to play that kind of music. Yet they are delicate, and do justice to female jazz singers recorded live in a night club.

I rarely get visitors who want to listen to audio. I think I have only had 3 Akers make it over to hear the system with the 4365 n it. My living room/listening room is off my dining room. If we have friends over for dinner about the only comment I get is "those are large speakers" but I don't force people to listen to them. i don't think I have gotten a request to hear them yet. Most people don't care.

Cheers
Mister Pig

The orange matrix is a closeup of the L100 grille. They match the originals exactly except my originals were brown. When I bought them, I wanted orange grilles, but the only color the shop had were brown. Forty years later, I finally have my orange grilles! The pulled woofers are 127A’s from the L50’s just after I reformed them.
Gino

4412a on stand.jpg

The 4412a's were my first complete JBL speakers. I had them 112 days before getting my second pair. :)

I do have an assortment of JBL transducers, CD's, 4405's, 2235H's for a project later on.

The tweeter has been replaced.JBL 4412a R.jpg

You may notice 'acoustic tuning micro tubes' in the port. They firm up the base nicely.

Yes, that is a spare 052Ti on the table. The one in the 4412a when I received it was pushed in. The seller refunded an adequate amount of the purchase price and I bought a replacement and a spare.

Last edited:
View attachment 1390612

The 4412a's were my first complete JBL speakers. I had them 112 days before getting my second pair. :)

I do have an assortment of JBL transducers, CD's, 4405's, 2235H's for a project later on.

The tweeter has been replaced.View attachment 1390614

You may notice 'acoustic tuning micro tubes' in the port. They firm up the base nicely.

Yes, that is a spare 052Ti on the table. The one in the 4412a when I received it was pushed in. The seller refunded an adequate amount of the purchase price and I bought a replacement and a spare.

I understand the concept and at one time I was collecting "micro-tubes" to stuff and extend the ports of my L200/300s. I never collected enough (don't eat much fast food) to stuff the ports, couldn't find the right ones in the market, and ended up extending and flarring the existing ports. I know that it's not the same. I suppose some place like Smart and Final would have them.

After 10+ years of lusting I finally scored my 4355's in 2009 and finally put the space and equipment together to use them in 2016 recently integrated a pair of Peavy SPFH subs which after adding an additional active crossover actually add a little more depth at low volume that I cannot seem to live without now. Pics show them stacked the day I got them, part my cave as it is now and a shot of one of the big subs with a Crown XLS-5000 to drive them.

Attachments

• 20190123_195927.jpg
    20190123_195927.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 81
  • 20190123_200515.jpg
    20190123_200515.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 76
  • 20190123_200206.jpg
    20190123_200206.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 76
  • DSC09244.JPG
    DSC09244.JPG
    74.1 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
I enjoy them quite a lot, they are a great speaker with every type of music I have thrown at them. I have one disc done by the Portland Taiko drum group that I played for a friend that has great dynamics, scale, and physical presence. I use a PS Audio BHK 250 Signature amp with it that has all the power on tap to play that kind of music. Yet they are delicate, and do justice to female jazz singers recorded live in a night club.

I rarely get visitors who want to listen to audio. I think I have only had 3 Akers make it over to hear the system with the 4365 n it. My living room/listening room is off my dining room. If we have friends over for dinner about the only comment I get is "those are large speakers" but I don't force people to listen to them. i don't think I have gotten a request to hear them yet. Most people don't care.

Cheers
Mister Pig
That’s too bad. With a set of JBLs like that, you would think they’d be begging! I would!

That’s too bad. With a set of JBLs like that, you would think they’d be begging! I would!

Nah that is just the way it is. People come to the house to visit with you and yours, and music is not a big priority for them. Heck the time or two i do remember playing it for someone, they want to stand in the center of the room next to the speaker. You have to gently direct them to sit on the couch at the rich place to listen to. People dont know about audio, and they really do not care.

There are exceptions though. My son has one of his best friends come visit him a couple of times a year. Every time Cooper is over he is raiding my music library for stuff to take home. He is a college kid, so he is into his car stereo, and since I used to do that we can talk about how his is working out. Good kid, he does all his own installation, and does a better than average job with having to work in friends garages or parking lots. But cooper always wants to hear music on the stereo. Last time he was over he said, "I keep forgetting how good this sounds, its so close to real compared to the other stuff I get to hear."

So some people still do care.

Cheers
Mister Pig

After 10+ years of lusting I finally scored my 4355's in 2009 and finally put the space and equipment together to use them in 2016 recently integrated a pair of Peavy SPFH subs which after adding an additional active crossover actually add a little more depth at low volume that I cannot seem to live without now. Pics show them stacked the day I got them, part my cave as it is now and a shot of one of the big subs with a Crown XLS-5000 to drive them.
Oh boy do those pics bring back memories of a misspent youth (also in Wi!)...though the pair I listened to had only a 30" sub.
Nice!!

I do believe it was an Electro Voice Patrician you remember as they were the only speaker I recall having a 30" monster woofer on the backside, I can imagine they might impart a little bass in to your walls if too placed to close!!!!

Cheers
Mister Pig
That's a shame. It might open their eyes and ears, and actually inspire them to put a system together instead of listening to a Bose wave radio or Sonos system, which are fine for restaurants.

Mech. Looks like you have both the slot and bullet tweets installed in the 4333B's. An experimental option?

Sorry for the lateness of the reply - the 4333B's were used as a "Disco" speaker in a small club before I got them. The previous "owner" (torturer) apparently installed the bullet and wired it in parallel with the slot. I've disconnected the bullet but left it there till I can make or find some fill in cover plates. Eventually both tweeters got sprayed a dull silver so they both need a good restoration.

Greetings Mighty AK,

I just opened my JBL speakers and discovered blue drivers. I had not seen blue drivers previously in my other JBL speakers...any comments on why the drivers are blue, is welcome and appreciated.

Blue_Horn.jpg Blue_Driver.jpg

Back
Top Bottom