Lets See All Them Axes

This is all I have, 77 Gibson and I bought the Taylor last year.
r2MEqas.jpg

Nice wear and aging on that 'Paul. :thumbsup:

I don't notice that wear much, everybody else does. But I've had that guitar for 35 years, I guess I don't notice because it creeped up on me. I don't play it often but after that long with no plate, bound to happen. l guess I shouldn't have taken the plate off but I coudn't stand that thing, I still have it though.

I don't notice that wear much, everybody else does. But I've had that guitar for 35 years, I guess I don't notice because it creeped up on me. I don't play it often but after that long with no plate, bound to happen. l guess I shouldn't have taken the plate off but I coudn't stand that thing, I still have it though.

Bah! You shouldn't second guess taking the scratch plate off. You did so out of necessity. Besides, the wear it has is just a sign of a beloved instrument that's had a lot of honest, hard-earned wear from countless hours and years of making music with it. :) Each mark is story that tells the history of your guitar. ;) I think it looks great that way. :thumbsup:

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    83 bytes · Views: 0
2005 Squire 51 (not modified) and 2008 CIJ Fender Jaguar HH. Squire gets the rep it deserves in mant cases. But the 51 is a pretty killer guitar for the $100 I paid for it.View attachment 1402618

Coooooool! I absolutely love the Squier '51 I bought brand new in 2004. :) Mine's a non-modified black one (seen in the link below). I own and have owned other much more valuable vintage guitars that I'd sell before selling the '51. I wouldn't part with it for anything. Funny thing is, I'm normally a Gibson kind of guy, but I bought it because I really liked the look of it with its Strat body, Tele headstock and Precision Bass-style pickguard and control plate. I bought it with the full intention of swapping out the bridge humbucker for a boutique P.A.F. of some sort, but literally within 5 minutes of playing it for the first time I knew that was never going to happen. I love the stock humbucker in mine. I've played quite a few '51s and there's just a certain life and energy to the tone of the one I have. It has this great harmonically rich, vocal tone when overdriven with pinch harmonics for days that I just love. I also wanted to put a P-90 in the neck position, but I can't bring myself to do it and take away from the originality of it. But I picked up another black one for $100 that I'll be doing that to eventually. :biggrin: I couldn't agree more about the '51 being a killer guitar. I love my '04/'51. It's a great guitar. :)

http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/lets-see-all-them-axes.193577/page-67#post-10182567

Hey Barge how do you figure out the slide switches on the Jazzmaster?Much prefer the volume ,tone and toggle switches on my semi hollow body.
Jaguar I got a good deal on and thought it looked cool. Switches are a pain. Leo thought the Jag was going to take over the Strat...lol. In the link my buddy is playing not me. Audio starts sucking because the phone was dying. But it can play. I keep it around because it's a weird axe and fun to mess with. Japanese make a pretty good guitar. But shoddy wiring.

Back
Top Bottom