The Lurker's Guide to Audiokarma

Status
Not open for further replies.

ozmoid

Lunatic Member
Community noun: A group of people having specific interests in common.
lurk verb: To wait in hiding.

So, you've been "lurking" a while at AK. I hope you've found some good information, maybe some guidance about your gear, or just some new ideas about audio. We invite you to stop waiting—take the plunge and become a member!

Not sure about joining?

"I don't have anything to contribute."
We have a lot of skilled, well-informed members. It's actually one of the reasons many people come here - to pick their brains. And it's easy to feel intimidated by that. There are other ways you can contribute; Beyond being a "knowledge base", AK needs members who are enthusiastic about audio, who have different interests in equipment and brands, and who can bring new ideas and experiences to the forum.

"I'm afraid no one will like me."
This is one of the friendliest, most congenial groups on the WWW. You'll find people with similar interests working together to promote the hobby - even if you prefer "Brand X" over "Brand Y". The great diversity here opens up a lot of opportunities to find like-minded people. Not everybody collects plastic dollar-store speakers ;) - but if anybody does, you'll likely find them here.

"The rules will be hard for me to follow."
Actually, the rules are pretty simple. You can find the long version here, but in a nutshell:
All audio, NO attitude.
That means no discussions about politics or religion, and respect other's opinions - and their right to post them.

There's really not a lot more to it than that, we just expect our members to treat each other with civility.

"I have other interests I like to talk about, not just audio all the time."
There are forums here for almost anything non-audio you can come up with - cars, cooking, sports... and a "General Off-topic" section for stuff that just won't go anywhere else. And trust me on this - the "Off-topic" forum sees a lot of traffic!

"I'm more interested in the music than the stuff you play it on."
No problem, you'll find like-minded people populating our Music Forum.

By becoming a member, you can contribute your own unique personality to the pool of members here, and that's important. You'll have opportunities to get to know other like-minded members in your area, and maybe even meet them. Every year, there is an AK Fest where we get together to celebrate our hobby and share music, gear, and the good times those things add to our lives. Many members also sponsor smaller gatherings for local members at various times throughout the year.

Members also have the opportunity to become Subscribers. Several private forums and other special privileges come along with your Subscription. You'll find information on how to become a Subscriber here.

So what are you waiting for? Go Sign Up already! Your first post as a member is just a few clicks away...

Last edited:
oh, oh....now I have to be nice to the frog.

Congratulations Mr. Ozmoid, you will make one fine moderator!

Cheers,
Carl

Grumpy, excellent choice for the new moderator.

Froginator, congratulations. :thmbsp:

Lurkers, this is the best audio forum on the web, come on in and join us.

Indeed, great job. What he says is true, and if you want to pick my brains you had better hurry before I pick-le them in gin martinis.

Congratulations to the Frog-Mod...um...Mod-Frog!!

With a nod to BC and Johnny Hart:

The Frog is a Mod!!

ozmoid said:
"I don't have anything to contribute."
We have a lot of skilled, well-informed members. It's actually one of the reasons many people come here - to pick their brains. And it's easy to feel intimidated by that. There are other ways you can contribute; Beyond being a "knowledge base", AK needs members who are enthusiastic about audio, who have different interests in equipment and brands, and who can bring new ideas and experiences to the forum.

Before I came here I couldn't even spell Oddiofile...Now I ARE one. :dunno::stupid:

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats Ozmoid ,, although I,m not new to the forum I along with the new members would like info on how to post pics of our Equipment and any other nifty stuff you can show us,, thanks

They couldn't have made a better choice.

But remember, old friend....

It ain't easy being green.:smoke:

Congrats, Oz!

nicely put ozmoid, i couldn't agree more with all you say. becoming a member is well worth it, and subscribing definitely has its perks. and, uh, some interesting aspects as well...

Well...well...said. You just confirmed for me why I like it here so much. We all owe you a standing ovation:yes:............R1

Who can resist that kind of a Welcome...........
I feel like registering A-new all over again myself~
Thank you Todd!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom