The Great Vinyl Experiment

Justen

Send Lawyers,Guns & Money
I may live to regret this thread, but after some mind numbing threads about cleaning vinyl and the pros and cons of Armor All & Windex I decided to put test the theories. YMMV.

First of all, the fuel behind the great idea....

Attachments

• fuel.jpg
    fuel.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 1,081
The victim, I mean, test subject.

I should probably explain why I own this, but I can't. It may have something to do with the first picture in this thread... or it may have just been in a box I bought. I'm not telling.

Actually, I got it from Tentoze. But he'll never admit it....

Attachments

• thevictim.jpg
    thevictim.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 1,132
NO, don't use the Partridge Family, use a Barry Manilow or Ferrante and Teicher LP!

On the left, Windex...or a Windex clone. Straight up, no water.

On the right, Armor All, undiluted.

Both contestants were poured on and left for 4 hours. If they have any toxic effects on vinyl it should show up by then I'd think.

Attachments

• experiment.jpg
    experiment.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 910
The victim, I mean, test subject.

I should probably explain why I own this, but I can't. It may have something to do with the first picture in this thread... or it may have just been in a box I bought. I'm not telling.

Actually, I got it from Tentoze. But he'll never admit it....

Hell, I got no problem admitting it- I kept the foldouts of Susan Dey wearing nothing but a duck-mouthed smile. And if you waste all that holy water on this foolishness before I get a gallon, woe be unto you.

The controls... or at least some lines to help me remember what shit went where....

Attachments

• controls.jpg
    controls.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 822
if you waste all that holy water on this foolishness before I get a gallon, woe be unto you.

Relax dear 'toze, I'm a professional. This needs to be done as a careful blend of science and art....

May I continue?

So after waiting 4 some hours, imbibing a wee bit more "fuel" (but only in the name of science), I carefully scrubbed the hell out of each side, then rinsed with each side seperately with distilled water and dried lovingly with a soft, lint free cloth....

He's busy listening to the album. Danny Bonaduce is subliminally telling the listeners that Paul is dead :D

Back
Top Bottom