The Great Receiver Giveaway

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoCal Sam

Lunatic Member
A local collector gave away 60 receivers yesterday. He placed a simple CL ad which elgato posted here. I arrived to see guys scurrying away with receivers tucked under their arms. They were simply sitting on the curb waiting for new owners.

I picked up a few pieces, which by itself would be a respectable collection. No doubt If I had gotten there earlier, I would have been swamped with stuff.

BTW, I am happy to report he is doing well and still an avid stereo enthusiast.

Attachments

• Collection 1.JPG
    Collection 1.JPG
    48.7 KB · Views: 299
  • Collection 2.JPG
    Collection 2.JPG
    42.9 KB · Views: 278
  • Collection 3.JPG
    Collection 3.JPG
    39.8 KB · Views: 283
Just wondering............

Perhaps it should read "A local collectors wife gave away 60 receivers while he was away buying another one.............."

That vintage luxman in the second and third picture is a nice score. Those retractable face plates are very cool. I passed on one of these (I did take the MX-100 Luxman power amp that day though) and I really regret not buying it.

Perhaps it should read "A local collectors wife gave away 60 receivers while he was away buying another one.............."

I met the wife and she seems very accepting of the HOBBY. I don't think she is the catalyst but I suspect she is much happier.

Congrats again Sam! That is awesome! I would have liked to have been there just to meet the guy. Seems like an interesting person and a class act.

and I had to leave SoCal.....

the pain....

I just know there is something special about those Plus series components.... they remind me a lot of my Nikko gear. All three at once.... more pain! OK, envy!

Yes, he has thoroughly proven, through his actions and for all to see, that he has more karma than most.

I can't imagine why he isn't an Aker already, shoot... he should be AKer of the year material me thinks!

Why haven't you invited him to join us friendly folk, Sam or Njord ?

Yes, he has thoroughly proven, through his actions and for all to see, that he has more karma than most.

I absolutely agree!:yes: What a great guy. :tresbon: If what he did isn't karma, I sure don't know what is!

I could make a much stronger comment here but I will refrain from it to avoid a disagreement.

I'm all for 5th, 6th, and 7th chances...Might as well extend the record of most times allowed back in...

I'm inclined to disagree.

And, since this is degenerating into a discussion of a former member's status on AK, this thread is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom