Sansui FR-3060 turntable?

fairchance

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Just got this couple of days ago. Anyone have a copy of a manual or know where to get one?
thanks,
Dave

Thanks Stene, that's the one I was looking for. I also need the little Sansui emblem like in your avatar, can I have it...:D

Here she is:

990_FR-30600111Large.jpg
-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- Remote goes here ^

The one I have is damaged :tears:

Dang, I shoulda snagged that emblem on that auction site awhile ago.:tears:

Here's where I'd put it (not all FR-3060s have it).

awb_image1742550181428.jpg

From the craigslist post:

Vintage SANSUI FR-3060 belt-drive, fully automatic turntable.

Fully automatic classic heavy platter high-end turntable with walnut wooden base. Like new!!! Has two speeds: 33 and 45 rpm.

It uses a separate motor for the automatic function!

It has a precision weight system to counteract skating force. This includes a small weight on a thin wire (this is often missing from these turntables but not here). It also comes with an auxiliary counterweight so even very heavy cartridges can be used. When not needed, the auxiliary weight rests in a well at the rear (often missing also).

Controls include a precision cueing control, record size selector, Start/Cut and Repeat lever, and speed selector buttons. Measures 18-1/2" W x 14-1/4" D x 7-1/2" H. On the front of the turntable is a jack for a wired remote (not included). Comes with original Sansui 45 adapter (often missing also). Under the platter is a 50Hz pulley, and a 120V/240V switch, so the turntable can be used in other countries as well such as Europe and Asia.

This particular classic Sansui FR-3060 is in amazing almost new-like condition. Works flawlessly. All features work as designed. I just replaced the belt so it is ready to go.

Classic wood base is also essentially mint with no scratches or marks. The hinged, smoked plastic dust cover is unusually thick and is in excellent condition with no cracks or large scratches. It does have the usual light scratching. A good quality plastic polish/buffing should clean it up.

The turntable has been cleaned, lubed and is ready to go. This turntable is designed to blow your mind!

Now where to find the remote control??

nice score , I'm waiting on a belt for the similar one I picked up (4060), it's killing me . yeah the remote would be cool , but must be very rare ?
enjoy
John

Looks and sounds good, John. Hope you have equal styli to have a fair showdown. :yes:

Got the belt in the mail tonight , and all is well . Will have to have a show down with my phillips and see which one gets the main room .Mine has the emblem intact on it .
got some pics from my cheap camera here and sound clips with a rubber band and the new belt. Sorry the camera is pretty poor .

http://cid-43944d23f1c630cc.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/Public

:music:

Apr05183.JPG

Apr05177.JPG

Got all the proper tools handy, vice grips et al...like me. :D

Oops, sorry it turned out HUGE, glad it's a short thread.

Back
Top Bottom