idea's for new name badges

Mark W.

Nut house of the Universe
OK I'm starting a new thread on this to keep this separate from some other Ideas cropping up in the thread on Ak Fest suggestions.

As I said in the other thread I am volunteering my time and talents and to cover the cost of printing a uniform name badge for all preregistered Exhibitors and their assistants, AK Fest Staff, Subscribers, Members, and such. This would be a Color Photo printed name badge insert card sized to 3" X 4" to fit the same badge holders used this year at FEST 2008. Those walk ins would of course still have to use a hand written name badge.

I'm posting a prototype for the card as I would have had this year below I'm using Negotiableterms idea for the color coding the persons status at the FEST, the idea of the Avatar (I can pull these directly from AK so no art work would have to be emailed around) And some of my own idea's

Tell me what you think but Dave will have final say and I'm not going to produce 25 different kinds of cards it's not needed.

AKnamebadge2-2.jpg

Ok here's a start now give me some feedback.

My thoughts are that a badge like this would be of great benefit at a fest, especially for those folks who are new to the fest and haven't met many other AK members in person.

Like you said, produce these for those who pre-register and easy enough for those who register at the event to bring a print-out of their avatar with them to go onto a badge.

What's the color code?

Excellent work! :thmbsp: This is the type of idea that you expect to see here!

I'm working off the color code Negotiableterms suggested in the original thread it seams to fit very well as it goes with the colors that you can change your name to on AK (if your a subscriber) And I didn't have to think anything up.

Color code:

Members will be green,
Subscribers will be red,
Staff will be blue,
Exhibitors will be black,
Walk-ins get no extra tag part.

Another Idea I could easy print up blank cards with the color coding that would take a felt marker so that should a Subscriber not be able to preregister or an Exhibitor needed an extra card for a helper or someone wanted one for their SO. It could be hand written at the front desk.

I know it's a small detail, but there may be some that would like to keep their last name and/or exact location private...

Like:

AK Subscriber
COSMOS
Member since 12/05

Dan
Ohio

Other than that.. Damn fine work.

I know it's a small detail, but there may be some that would like to keep their last name and/or exact location private...

Like:

AK Subscriber
COSMOS
Member since 12/05

Dan
Ohio

Other than that.. Damn fine work.

could be a good idea.. no telling who might visit your 'hood and empty out all your nice gear.. especially those in the MI area..

Mark,

Looks good to me. Only one minor thing. Some of the AKer's "handle" are pretty long and in order to fit it in the space provided, it would have to be much smaller. Which will make it harder to read. Just a matter of reorganizing the info for optimum readability.

I made my own, and brought it with me. I just used an Avery address label, #5162, because that's what I had, and trimmed it a bit, for length. Username, my name, and avatar. Good to go.

The longer Screen names I thought about and I figured that the location could be dropped. As to thief casing AK FEST I seriously doubt that but I would only put that info on the badge the member wanted. Last names could be dropped or included at the members request.

I figured I would just use what info the member sent to be included on the badge.

As an example here is one with Cosmos's requested info:

AKnamebadgeCosmos-1.jpg

And another showing a longer screen name and how the other rankings might look. I tend to think that if a member such as livvinvnyl is both a Subscriber and Staff it should be shown.

AKnamebadgelivvinvinyl-1.jpg

Another thing to think about would be a color for the forum moderators which would take the place of the Subscriber color band.

I'm with Mark Anderson here high quality dog food is expensive and to have it delivered how can you complain about that.

I think it's a great idea and would definitely benefit everyone by making visual linkages to people and their alter-ego on-line personnae.

could be a good idea.. no telling who might visit your 'hood and empty out all your nice gear.. especially those in the MI area..
Damn Straight! You gotta keep an eye on them Michiganders... They usually get mighty upset at us Ohioans come the end of November... :D

Back
Top Bottom