Are you going to purchase something seen at the fest?

MrGee

Stereotomus Lobotomus
Did the fest introduce you to gear that you are going to now buy?
(...not that you may be dreaming of buying, but actually have plans to purchase...)
Details are not needed if you want to keep it to yourself, I am just curious how many see something that they purchase.

I am buying a set of the SI drivers for a set of OB speakers from Hawthorne.
A friend of mine is buying a set of Fostex drivers and DIY boxes from Madisound

This year, for sure, I'm buying that Madisound kit. I decided to buy it last year, but didn't get around to it.

Sittin' on my thumbs cost me $100.:no:

I'm buying the Wadia 170iTransport as soon as they start shipping. The units at the show were pre-production. It pulls the digital data stream and thus by passes any internal processing. I will use an external DAC.

170i_with_80g_iPod_3.jpg

Based on the reports & pix, I'm interested in contacting Brian B. to learn more about those FJ OM speakers from Deutschland.

Those Madisound kits are very nice to my ears. I liked them in the past and hearing them again (especially after a few rooms that didn't do it for me) was like a breath of fresh air. Don't go real low but what is there...damn. Major bang-for-the-buck.

I'm probably going to buy something I saw at the fest...too expensive, not my usual type of audio purchase and not something I'm ready to tell my wife about so I won't mention it now. :)

I bought some vinyl from Audio Two, AN E speaker stands from Audio Note and a SA-11S2 from Marantz.

After hearing the little Role Audio FTL's last year, and taking my wife to hear them this year, we're buying a pair from Audio Two. My office system is going to love them!

Although I didnt buy anything from a vendor at the actual fest, I'm a regular customer at Madisound and wouldn't mind trying out some of those Hawthorne coax speakers down the road.

Based on the reports & pix, I'm interested in contacting Brian B. to learn more about those FJ OM speakers from Deutschland.

Those were a huge surprise to me!
I liked them a lot and would be very interested to hear long term reviews if you buy them.:music:

...and wouldn't mind trying out some of those Hawthorne coax speakers down the road.

Those are something special:)

Actually, I did buy my Art Audio Vinyl 1 at the fest.

And it sure did sound nice with Ed's set-up. Thanks for pulling it out of the box so that I could take a listen and bringing Joe down.

I'm probably going to buy something I saw at the fest...too expensive, not my usual type of audio purchase and not something I'm ready to tell my wife about so I won't mention it now. :)

Now, you've got my curiousity up. If it's those Quads, I'm coming over to your house.

I'll bet it's something digital :)

Back
Top Bottom