Altec 9844-8B speakers

barrynsue

Hi everyone,

Have an opportunity to purchase some Altecs 9844-8B speakers in so-so condition (cosmetically) but I am totally unfamiliar with pricing on this particulal model. I have never asked a "What's this worth?" type question here before, but really have no real idea of what to pay or what is too much. Seller wants $500.00 but that seems like a terribly steep price. However, I have never seen a pair and have little to NO knowledge.

Thanks for indulging me.

Barry

If they're the ones posted about 4 or 5 threads down from this one, go get them now.

The woofers will part out for 300+ a pair, there are 2 pair, and the 902/811B's should bring 300-400, you should easily be able to double your money by parting them.

If they're the ones posted about 4 or 5 threads down from this one, go get them now.

The woofers will part out for 300+ a pair, there are 2 pair, and the 902/811B's should bring 300-400, you should easily be able to double your money by parting them.

Thanks,

I really was not thinking about resale as I have not been selling much of anything in over a year. Just curious about them sound-wise, but good to know that if I didn't like them, they are worth the $ if parted out.

I'd guess the highs may be lacking too.
At least that was my opinion on my Valencias

No problem with highs on those babies after some XO tweaking, they have the ferrite 902 drivers.

Get a network in them and they'll crap all over 19's but for the bottom octave, and i have 2 pair that i'll stand firmly behind that statement with.

That particular orientation of the 414 woofers has a polar response nearly identical to the 811 horn, as well as the dynamic attack of a horn loaded woofer, two tricks the 19 fails to pull off. Placement is everything with 9844, you cannot leave them on the floor like a conventional big box system.

Back
Top Bottom