Sailor Moon - you know, that Japanese anime

Telecolor 3007

I love old stuff
I know around here are almost people over 30, but I'm extremly curios: any one watched/is wathcing the Japanese anime series called "Sailor Moon"?
With all that back in the '90's, in Romania anty-homosexuality feelings where strong (now they are strong too), the series didn't got censored, like in U.S.A., Italy, France (you know, there are gay carachters on this anime :D )
Sorry to say, but the English dubbed verison sounded awfoul... by a contrast surprise, the Romanian dubbed version sounded better than the English one (usually is the opossite).

I know around here are almost people over 30, but I'm extremly curios: any one watched/is wathcing the Japanese anime series called "Sailor Moon"?
With all that back in the '90's, in Romania anty-homosexuality feelings where strong (now they are strong too), the series didn't got censored, like in U.S.A., Italy, France (you know, there are gay carachters on this anime :D )
Sorry to say, but the English dubbed verison sounded awfoul... by a contrast surprise, the Romanian dubbed version sounded better than the English one (usually is the opossite).

dude, i have some Romanian (gypsy/vampire) blood pumping through my body but sailor moon is really a gay/childrens show that myself personally would not like to admit in a public forum that i watch on a regular basis. to be honest i have flicked past it and watched a few minutes here and there but as far anime goes it pretty much blows dog.

is there nothing better to watch in Romania than that?

"Sailor Moon" isn't displayed by Romanian State Television for more than 7 yrs.
You can find the episodes on internet (inlegal downloads :D ).
I first seen the show on the Italian television (don't know what tv station) - my sis and my girl cousin where big fans; I've wathced it too, with all that none of us knew Italian language. In 1997 TV.R. (Televiziunea Română = The Romanian (State) Television) started brodcasted "Sailor Moon" on the 1st program (TV.R. 1). Later, the series where broadcasted on the 2nd program (TV.R. 2).
Well, "Sailor Moon" maybe is a anime series for young people, but I still watch it beacuse of severeal reasons:
- 1) It remembers me of good old days from the beautifoul '90's; also, some melodyes from the series makes me think of the golden past
- 2) The series aren't talking only about the fight between good and evil. There is also social relationship, drama, love, feelings in it.
- 3) Throu all that those girls are doing allmost all the time common things, you can't feel that horrible feeling of boring conformism (sorry to say, but almost all new U.S.A. series give you a feeling of boring conformism).

Talking about conformism, I dislike the fact that in "Sailor Moon" in allmost all episodes the action is so simple and sometimes the enimes are too dumb (this is a kind of stereotypea, not boring conformism); plus the fact that with all the opurtines no one realizes who the Sailor Senshey are really are.

I've only only seen a little, and it was english dubbed :yuck: and censored :yuck: so I'm not in much position to judge, but IMO there are far far far better anime's out there (re: my sig :D)

I am all for the uncensored controversial stuff though.

EDIT: About your 3 points, numerous anime's will fulfill all of those and have much better action. Heres my anime list FWIW

(sorry to say, but almost all new U.S.A. series give you a feeling of boring conformism).

if you think its bad in the U.S, you should see T.V here in canada. The government forces us to watch a percentage of "canadian content" programming which consists of alot of french euro type stuff. :puke2:

Yes, parents in the US wish you would stop it, already, Canada.

Although my daughter and I both dig "Little Bear."

Your an adult male and watch this show freely on your own accord?!

I lived through Sailor Moon when my daughter was growing up. The show, dolls, the Halloween outfit and even knew the words to the song at one point.

I don remember any gay characters. The story line seem all right but the animation was a bit risqué.

My younger sister has been a huge Sailor Moon fan for almost a decade (she's 25 now). She even named our family cat "Luna" in honor of one of the cats on the show.

She's gotten me into some of the anime she watches; Neon Genesis Evangelion is certainly worth watching. Personally, I like the more action/thriller stuff like Ghost in the Shell, Cowboy Bebop (great music in both of those series), and the stuff they play on Adult Swim: Shin Chan, Death Note, Nerima Daikon Brothers (weird Blues Brothers-type guys who own a radish farm but want to make it big)

Gents,
Lets be real careful here ok. This could very easily turn political or anti-gay, and none of that is what AK is about.
Thanks!

But as you notice it hasn't Bigeric.
I'm impressed with the kindness and sense of community that AK has, it's depth and maturity, now let's get back to talking about gay anime!

PS how did this get to the top of the new post's list when the last post(other than mine) was back in 08?

Warriors of Legend: Reflections of Japan in Sailor Moon is a for-fans, ... An entire wiki dedicated to Sailor Moon! If there's something you want to know about the series, odds are WikiMoon has it; and if there's something you know that others ... Apart from hopes on an English-language release of the Stars anime ..

I heard some of the characters in the original japanese version are lesbians, and one of them is a tranny. I am not surprised that got edited out!

Apparently, there was also a live action version of Sailor Moon, for those who are into little girls, or actresses dressed as little girls.
Just a FYI.
Jack

I heard some of the characters in the original japanese version are lesbians, and one of them is a tranny. I am not surprised that got edited out!

Still don't know how they dind't censored Sailor Moon in Romania.
On the other hand, the English dubbing is awfoul. Man, they are sounding like some one wants to strangle them. If I hear one more time Sailor Moon dubbed in English, I will crush the loudspeaker.

From my point of wiew, Sailor Moon Live Action (the one with real actors) really sucks!

I watched Sailor Moon and I was in grade school then. I remember liking their short skirts and colorful hair. I read about the lesbian angle too. I think it was Jupiter and Pluto? I don't remember really. But just hearing Sailor Moon brings back a lot of memories. Ah... the 90s :smoke:
spr.gif

About ten years ago I ran across this cartoon show while testing various video processing algorithms and chips when I worked at a fabless analog semiconductor house in Silicon valley. Without sound. Something about Japanese girls, with cats with jewels attached to their heads. I thought it unwise for the girls to bring their cats to shopping malls and other public areas where real cats would easily get lost.
I didn't watch it that long, as cartoons were not that useful for the testing I was doing.

Back
Top Bottom