A little something for you Dynaco Speaker fans!

70salesguy

Only 99 easy payments!
I was sorting through somethings in the 70salesguy Museum of Modern Electronics (please exit at Dungeon Level) and found this Dynaco information.

I thought I would share it with my fellow Akers and Dynaco fans!

DynacoSpeakers1.jpg

DynacoSpeakers2.jpg

DynacoSpeakers3.jpg

DynacoSpeakers4.jpg

I hope you enjoy it! :thmbsp:

Thanks for that posting. Quite a coincidence as I just dragged out some A-25's I had in storage and am using them again. I never listened to my A-35's so I guess I'll drag those out too....

I notice that the A-50 and A-35 use "comparable" 10" woofers - not the same 10" woofers. Probably because the A-50's is 16 ohms, scarce as hen's teeth, and the A-35 is a much easier to find 8 ohms.

Thanks for posting this! I never knew the A-25's were available in different veneers. I'd sure like to find a rosewood pair! Would you mind if I posted these images on a website that I'm working on?

There are only 2 pairs of speakers that I ever sold and later regretted it.

One was a pair of Dynaco A-35s.

I bought them right. Periodically we would receive "old stock" from one of our stores that had closed. My boss was very adept at selling "old stock" and obsolete models. On one shipment we received some floor model A-35s and I bought them for a fraction of their normal price.

I really liked them, but I liked my L-100s better. Being a college kid on a budget, when the chance arose to sell them for a good profit, away they went!

We sold A-10s, A-25s and A-35s. I never sold any A-50s.

Not at all, please help yourself!

Thanks! :thmbsp:

Has anyone heard an A-50? That's got to be pretty rare?

I heard a pair, but they weren't placed optimally to really judge them. They were too close to the listening position and should have been moved back a good 6 ft.. They sounded a lot like A-25's. The imaging didn't seem as deep or wide, but I think it was due to the placement. The tone still had that A-25 quality. Bass was a bit deeper. They are rare compared to the other Dynaco speakers. Someone I know was selling a pair a couple months back for a pretty good price, but I didn't have any money. :tears:

Thanks for sharing!

Another quest begins! The 35's or 50's.. (in rosewood!), now that would be another very nice addition :yes: Love my 25's!

Very interesting! Thanks for taking the time to post. I own several sets of speakers that are well regarded on AK, but I believe the A-25s are my all around favorites.

Very interesting! Thanks for taking the time to post. I own several sets of speakers that are well regarded on AK, but I believe the A-25s are my all around favorites.

Just reading around a bit about my Dynaco A-35s, which I love. I have come upon this thread for the first time and have two questions for anyone who cares or knows sumpin'

I have always thought of the Dynaco A35s as a floorstanding speaker. I have had this corroborated by many other users who advise me here. And I have them currently on classic-style "wedge" stands, on the floor.

According to the excellent original brochure shown above, they are optimal "at ear level", as are all the Dynaco line of speakers with the exception of the A50. And the metal brackets on the rear of them are apparently for wall-mounting.

Also, I see in the brochure that the A35s are positioned horizontally, which seems to be intentional.

So, to recreate the originally intended positioning of these speakers I have put them at ear level on a low bookshelf, horizontal with the tweeters out. And WHOAH are they fabulous like this.

Anyone have any experience with these historically-informed practices? :)

Thanks -
O.M.

Last edited:
The A35 is a keeper speaker. The pair I have were purchased new by my father and given to me several years before he passed and next they will end up with one of my nephews when I go. I use them in my bedroom for tv sound with an Advent300 rec. Sounds great.

Restoring a pair of A50s right now. Wanted to hear how they sound.

Interesting how the brochure above shows the tweeter under the woofers. The tweeters are above the drivers on my pair.

Also, the tweeter in mine was the Scan Speak where as on some other A50s I've seen, they are the Seas tweeter from the A25s. Both are 1 1/2" dome. A video on YT shows a pair with 1 1/4" dome (?).

Back
Top Bottom