Photos from AKFest 2010

tmad40blue

"I can hear forever!"
Post your photos from AKFest 2010

Just thought I would start up a thread for those who couldn't make it or didn't see all the rooms.

Post your photos! Here's some of mine.

Newman's speakers, Squidward's components (unfortunately, the turntable wouldn't track right so we were stuck with those crappy CD things)
DSC_5978-1.JPG

Kegger's speakers
DSC_5986-1.JPG

The Marantz room
DSC_6007-1.JPG

Oh mama...
DSC_6011-1.JPG

The lowly SMAC room still sounded great
DSC_6039.JPG

Madisound's room
DSC_6051.JPG

Full album here: http://picasaweb.google.com/tmad40blue/AKFest2010

Last edited:
Thanks for the pics!
Regards,
Jim

There's definitely some picture - taking talent in this group. Very nice photos, and some great looking gear!

Thanks for the pics. Some really nice gear presented at the fest. Can't wait to see more photos.

Very nice. Did Rega have a room? Or did they decide not to come.

Yes, Rega has a room, but I didn't get around to it. Hopefully somebody else will post photos.

BTW, everybody post your photos! This isn't just my thread!

I had the pleasure to hear the Luna Live CD in Squidward's room and it sounded delicious, a well thought out rig.
I went there for the Rega room and did not find one. Not at least a dedicated one. A dealer had a CD player and maybe some other component, but no decks.
The folks involved with this Fest really put some effort toward it and it was enjoyable.

Grant Fidelity room pictures

Well, after the Calgary snow storm, missing our morning flight from Calgary, stuck at Calgary airport for a whole day sitting at food court bench to work from my laptop, 4 hours fly to Toronto, 3 hours drive to border, 2 hours waiting in line to cross because Obama is coming to Detroit the next day, 7 hours unpacking and setting up, God knows how many hours of Ian's tweaking of the demo gear, one skid of demo gear only arriving at 3pm the first day of the show, we are finally in business of our first AK Fest!

Room 224 (more pictures link at the bottom)

S300MK.jpg

roomview3.jpg

roomview2.jpg

roomview.jpg

LP61witharm.jpg

CD16A206.jpg

S8MKKT88-5.jpg

W30GTwithmagneticstand.jpg

shengyaPM150.jpg

A17CD17pair.jpg

JA88Dinside2.jpg

JA88E.jpg

MBS-1pair.jpg

RBS--1new3.jpg

S300MK-4.jpg

See all show pictures here: http://s466.photobucket.com/albums/rr24/grantfidelity/tradeshows/2010%20AK%20Fest/

All gear shown at AK Fest is under $2k. You can put together an amazing system for under $3k from wall out to your ears. Truly affordable to make your wallet happy and ears happy.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom