Out of curiosity...

thefragger

Certified Crazy.
Were you surprised when you met an AKer at the fest?

I kind of expected people to be less accepting of me because of my age but I seemed to fit right in with everyone I met and was honestly shocked by the experience of not being shrugged off. You're a great group o' people :thmbsp:

I kind of expected people to be less accepting of me because of my age but I seemed to fit right in with everyone I met and was honestly shocked by the experience of not being shrugged off. You're a great group o' people :thmbsp:

We are all family here. I have said it many times that being a member of AK makes you a member of our big family. Sure we have our disagreements and sometimes don't talk for a while, but you can always count on your family.

There is just something special about AKfest. From the minute you walk in and register with Linda or Jo Ann you feel welcome. We really try to make it an accepting place for everyone. Thank you for letting us know that we accomplished what we set out to do...make everyone welcome.

Nancy

PS. It is not only that way for new "AKfest attendees". I love being able to see alot of new and familiar faces also.

Hey Fragger, it was great to meet you. I am an old fart but young at heart.

We're audio freaks.. age doesn't matter. If you're truly interested in audio, you're welcome. We're all young at heart and some of us don't even remember how old we really are...

'Course it helps you weren't playing death (deaf) metal at 125db like someone else I know.. ;-)

I don't like nobody, 'n' I don't want nobody t'like me !! So there ! N'yah ! -Hateful, dispeptic old Crank...

That's all very true, Nancy. I had a fantastic time at the fest--everyone was very friendly and I was met with nothing but open arms from the moment I set foot in the hotel. I'm sure many members, myself included, cannot thank you and Dave enough for all the hard work that the bunch o'you must've put into making the fest what it was! Top notch :thmbsp:

Hey Fragger, it was great to meet you. I am an old fart but young at heart.

You are definitely not an old fart! It was a pleasure to have met ya and the word 'old' never came into my head :)

We're audio freaks.. age doesn't matter. If you're truly interested in audio, you're welcome. We're all young at heart and some of us don't even remember how old we really are...

'Course it helps you weren't playing death (deaf) metal at 125db like someone else I know.. ;-)

It was great to meet ya and oogle your speakers, Coz! Thanks :)

I don't like nobody, 'n' I don't want nobody t'like me !! So there ! N'yah ! -Hateful, dispeptic old Crank...

:thmbsp:

Philip, when I met you I was actually expecting someone a bit older.

Oh, sorry to disappoint... ;) and thank you. Great to have finally met ya, Rich :yes:

Hey, us younger folks have our duty to keep the traditions alive … and to lead our peers away from the piddly little iPod docks and into the glory of hi-fi! ;)

X-25 intruduced me to some Thrash Metal I really liked. This from a comfirmed Classical and Jazz listener...

Everyone has something interesting to contribute. None of us care much, except that you be polite and friendly... and possibly someone we can bum a smoke from now and again.

X-25 intruduced me to some Thrash Metal I really liked. This from a comfirmed Classical and Jazz listener...

Everyone has something interesting to contribute. None of us care much, except that you be polite and friendly... and possibly someone we can bum a smoke from now and again.

I don't think that is thrash metal. Still have no idea what it fits under. :dunno:

But good music is good music. :yes:

When I went in 206, I was truly amazed that I came home w/all my teeth & nose intact...But that was a long time ago, I'm sure I've managed to P*ss off a whole bunch more since then. Next time, I'm sure I won't be so lucky...

I'd show up at one of these shindigs, too, but I know I'd end up on the spit at the barbecue...

No, seriously, I wish I could attend one of these events. Each year, I say "next year!", and this year I actually came close, so now I'm saying "next year!" yet again... I've been fortunate enough to have met a number of AKers who have passed through Hong Kong, and EVERY SINGLE ONE of them has been a nice person, someone I'd be pleased and proud to call a friend. I don't know whether it is audio or AK or what, but there are some very decent people around this place! If the ones I've met are typical of those at the Fest (and I have no reason to suspect otherwise), then I would think ANYONE with an interest in audio would be warmly welcomed and treated well, regardless of age, color, sex, creed or even planet of origin! One day I'll get the chance to put that belief to a serious test, by showing up... :D

Back
Top Bottom