Calling All Yamahas. Time to Post Your Pics

Bought this receiver not knowing anything about it. I purchased on Ebay thinking that it was my old Yamaha integrated amp with the class A/B switch. I loved that amp but knew nothing about this receiver. Net cost to me was $50. So, no big deal. I have not even hooked it up to give it a listen. Anyone give this unit a listen?

My acquaintance through work scoffed at me for owning anything Yamaha. He said I should have purchased a Bryston amp. I told him that Bryston was out of my budget.
Bryston=Bright.

BeELzeBUB58 said:
Bought this receiver not knowing anything about it. I purchased on Ebay thinking that it was my old Yamaha integrated amp with the class A/B switch. I loved that amp but knew nothing about this receiver. Net cost to me was $50. So, no big deal. I have not even hooked it up to give it a listen. Anyone give this unit a listen?

My acquaintance through work scoffed at me for owning anything Yamaha. He said I should have purchased a Bryston amp. I told him that Bryston was out of my budget.
Bryston=Bright.

Let him keep thinking Yamaha is trash. Leaves all the good stuff for the rest of us.

Found a pair of NS-200M's at the GW today. Listening to them in the garage. It's already clear that these are something special. :music:

100_4468.JPG

Last week picked up a Yamaha CA-810 Int-amp, and matching 810 tuner. From original owner who kept everything related to the gear. Box, manual, warranty cards, (invoice which he kept). After a 2 hour cleaning session, I found that both faceplates are perfect, and each cabinet only have 1 or 2 very minor nics.

Have you tied some speakers into it and run them through their paces Satorusun? I'm interested in your thoughta as I own a predecessor to your amp, an A 760. I like mine!!

Found a pair of NS-200M's at the GW today. Listening to them in the garage. It's already clear that these are something special. :music:

100_4468.JPG

Nice speakers....I have seen them for sale on Japanese websites for about $225 and you were lucky enough to find a pair at GW....I believe they can handle about 200Watts....Nice find!

Yamaha HTR-6230 aka Yamaha RX-V365

I know Yamaha said there is a difference between the RX, and HRT line like the displays, but I'm pretty sure thats not the case anymore. Anyways this was Yamaha's entry level receiver for 2009. Sounds fantastic compared to the Sony receivers I've used.

Attachments

• DSC01281.jpg
    DSC01281.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 45
  • DSC01283.jpg
    DSC01283.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 36
  • DSC01284.jpg
    DSC01284.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 29
  • DSC01285.jpg
    DSC01285.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 30
  • DSC01289.jpg
    DSC01289.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 40
Some more.

Attachments

• DSC01301.jpg
    DSC01301.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 20
  • DSC01302.jpg
    DSC01302.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 15
  • DSC01303.jpg
    DSC01303.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 19
  • DSC01288.jpg
    DSC01288.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 21
  • DSC01292.jpg
    DSC01292.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 41
1987 Anniversary 10000 setup now complete

+1
'heh heh'

It could really be difficult to get permission when you stumble across not one but two pairs of NSX-10000's.....life is much simpler this way.....for now! Anyway, my latest Yamaha find (second pair still crated)
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

It could really be difficult to get permission when you stumble across not one but two pairs of NSX-10000's.....life is much simpler this way.....for now! Anyway, my latest Yamaha find (second pair still crated)

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :tears:
permission?????
"heh heh"

Yes, it is quite tough.....I can't afford to eat.....and I had to get rid of the wife(they are quite expensive).......but it's all worth it......don't you think?:yes::D:D

I'd need to up the insurance I carry on mine a little and then cap her a** to afford all this incredible gear. :smoke:

I hope I didn't let out your secret... :D

The moniker 'imfree' makes a lot more sense,now. :yes:

Discretionary spending is so much easier when one isn't spending on others as well.

The moniker 'imfree' makes a lot more sense,now. :yes:

Discretionary spending is so much easier when one isn't spending on others as well.

BINGO! You got it! I am often questioned about the lmfree moniker, especially by women; they don't particularly like it. My 17 year experience with the M word was so horrific, I had to make up for lost time. Back then I worked 7 days a week and SHE spent it all. Now she is on the budget plan (support). I played my theme song (YES, ON VINYL) none stop for days after the D was all final....."Unchained" by Van Halen(in fact I think I will play it now). It's been 7 blissful years since that day.:yes::banana: Yamaha, Mercedes and S&W are my new brides; they are never jealous and they seldom give me sh**...... of course, with the OCCASIONAL female mistress thrown in :D:D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom