Its official YES there will be an 2012 fest !!!!

Shoot, I don't think the green pants fit me anymore...

Yes, and they are even lower then years past ! We are doing our share to kick this economy in the balls !

PM coming at ya.

Grumpy

I have 3 Cubans that I'm saving for a special occasion, and if I can make it to the fest, I will bring them ;)

Before you pack, just an FYI. Michigan passed a smoking ordinance a couple years ago: no smoking inside any public building, including hotels, bars, restaurants. :smoke:

Before you pack, just an FYI. Michigan passed a smoking ordinance a couple years ago: no smoking inside any public building, including hotels, bars, restaurants. :smoke:

Unless its in a cigar bar. Otherwise your spot on. :smoke:

Grumpy

This is awesome news! I'm now scrounging the car and couch to scrape together the money to reserve a room. :banana:

Excellent news just excellent. My wife and I missed this show big time last year, a big thank you to all involved in making this happen!!!

Dan

Considering it is about 1 mile or so from my home, I will be there.
I am curious to know what happens at this event though? I know local people usually get together and BS, eat, etc...At a hotel though, is it just more people, more BS, and more eating? :)

I am curious to know what happens at this event though? I know local people usually get together and BS, eat, etc...At a hotel though, is it just more people, more BS, and more eating? :)

And fights. We challenge each other to duels with our amplifiers and hurl speakers for distance and loft. We take sides and throw 8-track tapes at each other. We have a 'what's that smell' contest, and we sneak from room to room pushing in speaker dust-covers and turning amps all the way up while they're turned off, that kind of thing.

Just kidding. Mostly lots of gab, but with the added advantage of actually being able to hear a lot of systems, from DIY to vintage to high-end esoterica that many of us would never be able to hear otherwise. Typically there are a lot of manufacturer's reps present with all their stuff set up in listening rooms. Sometimes some live music, visits to local audio places, etc. Loads of fun!

With more stereo systems. Yes. :yes:

I have almost finished a new speaker project using a ribbon tweeter in a non traditional way avoiding the typical irritation at higher levels. And a 10" woofer through a short transmission line to a 12" passive radiator. Plus the incredible smoothness from a Audio Concepts 5" midrange. The woofer was developed by David Clark for Chrysler who had to pass on its use due to buzzing panels. These will compete with the finest examples in other rooms. They will be available for the AK 2012 SMAC room.

Sounds like its gonna be a blast. Hopefully, if time permits, I will make an effort to attend one sometime and finally meet some members outside of AZ. But for now, I'm glad the 2012 Fest is gonna happen.

Wife and I are looking forward to it. Always wanted to bounce my 901's off a glass wall, now I'll have the chance.

Back
Top Bottom