Its official YES there will be an 2012 fest !!!!

Everyone needs to come ! Like what happened last year, you never know when we have to end the show...

Grumpy

Knowing there's a Spring time fest will make getting through another rough Michigan winter a little easier!! :yes:

This is pretty sweet! Especially since the hotel is down the road from my work (at Haggerty and 13 Mile Rds) I wanted to go last year which was going to be my first. Alas, it was cancelled. Now, it's back on... yipee! :banana:

And yes, for you locals, you can see what my daily commute is like if you note my home location. Donations to my gasoline fund are welcome, though not tax deductible.

Looking forward to this. It's nice to have a show within driving distance.

Oh, and email sent re exhibitor pricing. We want to come with gear in tow!

Hi Tim,

Just shot you back an email. If you need anymore info don't hesitate to contact me.

We do still have plenty of rooms available but times running out too book them.

Grumpy

Sounds like a lot of fun to be able to hear some systems that are set up right, but I am afraid that if I go I might find out how bad my setups sound and I might get discouraged and go home and donate everything to my local Goodwill!

Sounds like a lot of fun to be able to hear some systems that are set up right, but I am afraid that if I go I might find out how bad my setups sound and I might get discouraged and go home and donate everything to my local Goodwill!

If you think its that bad, let me know, I'll take it and test it out for you...

That's why you go. To see what others have.:yes:

I know, I jumped into this hobby with aboslutely no knowledge of anything, just picked up things I liked the looks of. No one that I know has any good sound systems so I have nothing to compare what I have to see if I went in the right dirrection. I like the sound of what I have, know their is plenty of room for improvement, but would still like to hear a lot of other types of gear. I did once go to a hi fi store and listened to one new setup, it sounded good but I liked mine better, so I figured I am not to bad off.

This is great! I'm an awful lurker-can't wait to go. Maybe I should just hang out against the wall-that way I'll be recognizable!:yes:

Then you can come to my room and realize your stereo system is awesome :)

I'll have to attend. I'm a n00b so hopefully I can learn some things. The hotel is only about 15 mins for me :)

That speaker refoaming demo would be cool, passed on some speakers before cause I didn't know what I was doing.

Is there going to be any sort of organized sales of used equipment? I need a recevier and I'm sure other stuff by then.

Last edited:
I'll have to attend. I'm a n00b so hopefully I can learn some things. The hotel is only about 15 mins for me :)

That speaker refoaming demo would be cool, passed on some speakers before cause I didn't know what I was doing.

Is there going to be any sort of organized sales of used equipment? I need a recevier and I'm sure other stuff by then.

There is usually a swap room with some good deals....:yes:

There is usually a swap room with some good deals....:yes:

Sounds good..too bad I just went and bought a receiver yesterday after work. But I'm sure by then I will find an excuse to buy something new :) Most likely a turntable, I've gotten the vinyl bug bad enough that I can stand an upgrade from the ATLP60 that I bought over the summer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all,
I'm interested in this event, however, could someone outline typical highlights and things a first timer to this event should know?

Like should you 'sign up' to be in certain rooms - or is this a situation, where you freely wander from room to room - checking out gear?

Is there a FAQ section, as it pertains to an Ak Fest?

Again, I wanna check it out, I just really don't know what to expect.

Any help here would be appreciated.

Regards,
Scott

FAQ

Whatever you want to do - BYOM (Bring Your Own Music)

This. :yes:

It is more or less an all day party with tunes and music and a bunch of stereo systems to check out. :thmbsp:

Biggest advice though is don't forget to stop for lunch and carry water with you, it isn't hard to be distracted enough to forget those things.

Hi all,
I'm interested in this event, however, could someone outline typical highlights and things a first timer to this event should know?

Like should you 'sign up' to be in certain rooms - or is this a situation, where you.. #1 freely wander from room to room - checking out gear?

Is there a FAQ section, as it pertains to an Ak Fest?

Again, I wanna check it out, #2 I just really don't know what to expect.

Any help here would be appreciated.

Regards,
Scott

You may freely wander from room to room - checking out gear !
:yes:
#2...expect to have a good time !

Back
Top Bottom