Post Your Marantz Gear Here!!!

My 1977 Marantz 2226B in mint condition and Vintage Tannoy Oxford speakers model T-125 (1980).

01.jpg

Regards

Picked up my first Marantz a couple of days ago. It is a 4270 Quad. After hearing so many Marantz lovers in this forum I finally scored one. One light is out and it may need a tuner alignment but everything else seems to be in good order. I am happy to have finally found a ticket into the Marantz club! It was pretty beat up when I got it.

Attachments

• Marantz Pictures 001.jpg
    Marantz Pictures 001.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 49
  • Marantz Pictures 019.jpg
    Marantz Pictures 019.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
marantz model twenty seven - 27 , sitting on the allied knight kn 2380 with the jensen drivers . very good mates for 27 since they are rated at 50 watts peak

Attachments

• marantz 1.jpg
    marantz 1.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 55
  • marantz 2.jpg
    marantz 2.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 29
They live again...

The Marantz 5s have been recapped and are working beautifully after almost twenty-five years of hibernation. The bias is set perfectly for all four power tubes. The sound is absolutely, staggeringly fantastic. Now to try different kinds of tubes...:music: :thmbsp:
attachment.php

Attachments

• DSCN7122.jpg
    DSCN7122.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 742
Marantz SD-525 tape deck

Hi guys! I just picked this up from Good Will for $5. It powers up fine, but it eats tapes.

I know it could use new rollers and belts, but for the life of me cannot find any for this particular model.

Any help would be appreciated. Forgive me if I am not supposed to ask on here.

Thanks everyone,
Matt

P.S. Is this deck worth fixing? I have a lowly system, but would like a decent deck, under $200. My current system consists of: Pioneer VSX-03, Oppo BDP-80 universal, Denon DP-1200 TT w/ AT 440ml cartridge, Yaqin MS-12b Pre, Polk Audio RTI-A3s. Headphone rig: LD DAC_1 & LD MKVII+ balanced amp, Denon D2000 phones, recabled with Mogami 2534 for balanced, UE TF10 iems, Monster Turbine Pro Copper iems, cables of the diy variety, using mainly mogami.

Last edited:
Thanks man, I appreciate that, lol!

Yeah, I guess I should keep trying to find a place to fix my Marantz, so I can at least get a quote.

I'm close to being talked into sending you the Naka. Tell me what you would do with a 35 year old cassette deck and do you have any TDK Super Avilyn SA-C90's? Can't believe I remember those.

I finally got around to putting blue LED's in my 2440, which makes it look much nicer alongside my 2285 receiver.

99f9623c.jpg

My Model 2010 with my Thorens TD165. The baby amp/receiver in this lineup but still sounds awesome. Picked it up from Q-Audio in Boston, totally refurbed. Have it with a set of Paradigm Titans and a Paradigm passive sub.

picture.php

Back
Top Bottom