Its official YES there will be an 2012 fest !!!!

I'm going to try to make it to the fest this year; assuming that work will allow for me to be away at that time.

Any word on whats goin' on with a swap room yet Dave ?

No yet but I'm pretty sure we will have one. Just have to work out the details.

I'm going to try to make it to the fest this year; assuming that work will allow for me to be away at that time.

That would be great ! Always nice to put a face with the name.

Grumpy

That would be great ! Usually nice to put a face with the name...

fixed that for you, Dave

Seriously, I would like to know how past swap rooms worked. Does the seller have to man his table for the duration, or is it watched in shifts...by committee if you will?:scratch2:

fixed that for you, Dave

Seriously, I would like to know how past swap rooms worked. Does the seller have to man his table for the duration, or is it watched in shifts...by committee if you will?:scratch2:

Sellers generally make their own arrangements for table, and table coverage. If you've got a lot of stuff to sell, its probably a good idea to plan accordingly to man your table during the show by yourself, or bring a friend to help. For infrequent and brief periods, its OK to ask another seller to watch your table if they're not too busy so you can go catch a quick bite for lunch or go to the rest room. But its probably not OK to ask another seller to, for example, watch your table for an hour or so while you go check out the rest of the Fest.

Awesome, I was disappointed to find last years show canceled, as I had gone to my first AKfest in 2010. Hopefully, I'll be able to attend and run another table in the swap room. Although, I haven't been bringing stuff in as much, as I used to, I've still got stuff to sell........ maybe I'll have to stock up, to make a better table :)

I'll be letting everyone know about swap room stuff soon.

Grumpy

I may not have my custom speakers to demo, but I could have a smaller pair and some pictures of the ones I would like to try and sell.

Do I need to pay for a booth in order to set them up, or will someone be gracious enough to allow me to audition them? Bringing my Pioneer DV79Avi modified by Stephen Sank for sure... maybe my modified NEC T-710 tuner, some other things no one's ever seen before.. I have a ton of stuff, maybe I should I make a list for everyone, LOL.

Great news!!!! I'm so coming!:banana: I'll have some tidbits for sale and can't wait to see people and gear!!!:thmbsp:

Any idea when "soon" will be? :D

Soon will be now. Its official there is a swap room/rooms. I will be starting a thread on how to sign up for them in the next day or so. Thanks !

Grumpy

Are there any updates on advance sales of AKFest shirts? My thought is they may be desirable to folks that are unable to attend and could raise some cash in advance of the event. You know best, but a few other members indicated interest early on. Maybe it is too late for early sales.:scratch2:

Damnit, looks like it will be over $100 just to bring my F5 with me on the plane. :(

that is NOT cheap. i can just bring mine. i don't think the hum will bother people. it's not like we're going to be doing lots of low-level listening! i should also be bringing my Accuphase integrated, which will hopefully be rebuilt by then, so we'll have that too.

also, i have a question, for those IT-oriented attendees:

i'm going to be bringing my SBTouch, external HD, and laptop. if i bring a wireless router, can i run the SBT through the router to the laptop/HD even if the router won't connect to the internet? (i know you can pay for wireless access at the hotel, but can't remember if the wall hookup is free or also has a password that costs money)...or...duh...i guess i could test this out at home by unplugging my DSL jack at the wall!

Any chance these meets will ever take place again, ideally near NYC or Boston? What about regional meets, like members from a same area getting together to sell, swap, be shamed by others' gear, raise a glass for a toast to the greatest hobby in the universe (imho at least)? We could, like, rent a modest display spot at one of those giant open-air gathering where unfortunate throngs get coaxed into buying HTB's from B... Would be nice and cozy with kids gawking at non-black plastic equipment and wonder what galaxy it came from. Just a thought :)

Back
Top Bottom