Member Rooms: Who's Got One and Whatcha Bringin'?

gotta marathon build going on...should be done in time ...:scratch2:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:
Updated photo of what's coming . . . the little red box on top is a passive preamp I put together a few years ago.

I upgraded the power supply in the Philips 963SA, and added dynamat to the interior of the chassis as well as around the transport.

There's even more, but we'll see what all fits in the Subaru. :)

IMG_20120421_105154.jpg

I upgraded the power supply in the Philips 963SA, and added dynamat to the interior of the chassis as well as around the transport.

How well did that work to quiet it down? Mine drives me nuts when I have the music playing quietly, but as a DVD player it is fantastic, so I really don't want to get rid of it.

The dynamat helped a good bit. I love it as a CD player and DVD player. That noise drove me nuts at low levels too. It's still there, but subdued. If you swing by our room during the fest you can check it out.

Upgrading the power supply caps helped as well. These are notorious for overheating and dying. I've fixed that problem with a couple so far.

The dynamat helped a good bit. I love it as a CD player and DVD player. That noise drove me nuts at low levels too. It's still there, but subdued. If you swing by our room during the fest you can check it out.

Upgrading the power supply caps helped as well. These are notorious for overheating and dying. I've fixed that problem with a couple so far.

Cool, I will have to get inside mine and check it out. It will be at the fest as well actually. :yes:

Just got the Vandersteens all tidied up. The socks have been loose for a while, they aren't anymore. I see why they used so many staples though. :yes:

I just finished dialing in the GPA Monitors, the compression drivers are felt dampened GPA 902-8A, Altec MR-931 horns, and GPA 416-8C woofers, bi-amped with 20 watt tube amps. I'm also bringing the Altec 604-8G's in case reconfiguration is desired, Dave. :D

GPA_416_8C_902-8A_Monitors_01.jpg

SEUL KT88 comin' to the 'Fest! It's a Kegger schematic. How many electrolytic caps can you spot?

Back
Top Bottom