Anyone else fall for the MC275 50th Anniversary?

Bigerik

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Dang, that thing was pretty! A $6500 amp is not in the cards, nor would I recommend anyone buying an amp based on looks. But even if it sounds like ass, which I doubt, you could just keep it around to look at. :)

That is one of the great things about the Fest. You just get to enjoy so much new gear that you would otherwise not see.

Here it is...

(Not my picture)

Attachments

• McIntosh-50thAnniversary-MC275.jpg
    McIntosh-50thAnniversary-MC275.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 213
I loved it, but that kind of scratch probably won't be in the cards for a few more years.

You know those LED lights they put under the tubes and the lit name badges on the speakers turn me off something fierce. Too much show and not enough go as the hot rodeos used to say. I don't want an audio company wasting a dime on that kind of crap. I'd rather they leave that stuff out and pocket a few more bucks. Like neon under a car; always poor taste.

You know those LED lights they put under the tubes and the lit name badges on the speakers turn me off something fierce. Too much show and not enough go as the hot rodeos used to say. I don't want an audio company wasting a dime on that kind of crap. I'd rather they leave that stuff out and pocket a few more bucks. Like neon under a car; always poor taste.

That's the thing. There are plenty of regular ones around. The high bling version is there if you want it. I thought it was fun. If I had the money, I'd spend the extra bucks.

That is a limited production unit, so it is something that is not going into every home. For more "barebones" and no fancy lights, the MC275-MKV is it.

For the speakers lighting up, personally I love it. It is just a simple 1/8" trigger input.... and if you don't like it, don't plug it in. We have been playing our XR100's here all week...and having fun!

Not everyone will love every product, we all know that. That is part of what keeps this business moving forward. To be in a business where we get to listen to music on so many amazing systems every day...that is nothing short of great!

Great show guys, thanks for stopping in.

:drool: It was gorgeous, and I certainly can't swing that kinda coin currently. Hell, I was stretching it thin trying (in vain):tears: to buy one of those McIntosh Tervis Tumblers from Ryan. Here's a couple of pics I took. One without flash trying to fully capture the glow, and another with flash that picks up all the gold trim.

Hey Hatrack, nice to see some disc golfers on here! I've got full-range folded rear horns in the clubhouse (for my cousin's course across the street from me) and no golfers out here ever know what they are...

Attachments

• Mac275.jpg
    Mac275.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 118
  • Mac275flash.jpg
    Mac275flash.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:
I love the looks of the entire MC 275 series and this version is no exception. Some day ... :p:

XL_MC275_20110927_009.jpg

mc275_close_1.jpg

4.jpg

I'm green with envy....

Back
Top Bottom