MA-7 Monitor Consolette with speakers. And AX-7

Looking for owners manual for the MA-7 Consolette . I have service manual , but looking on connecting diagrams for rear - power amp etc . Thanks

Hello, I have a question on the Monitor Consolette. If you hook up a turntable, would it work as preamplifier? Or you need an external preamplifier to be able to monitor the actual levels? Thanks

No it doesn´t have RIAA input. Only monitoring connected items like Amp, Tuner, Tape Deck etc

Those are hard to find. Hope it arrives in perfect shape!

How much did you pay for it?

If you don't have the operator's manual, I have one that I can forward to you. It's quite an 'intense' manual and it will take some 'studying' to figure out the units correct operation.

Tell us how you like it.

Hi all, I to am looking for the Operator’s Manual for the MA-7. Anybody still have one, can I obtain a copy? Happy to donate for slicing to PDF if that helps.

Also looking for a spec/source for the MA-7 VU meter lamps. Small tube lamp, wire both ends, blue sock over. Cheers

I'll look. I believe I still have it on computer... just have to find it.

(FOUND IT!! SEE BELOW)

Last edited:
The lamps will be 8V wirelead meter lamps, not too difficult to find, but not so easy to install as they are soldered in. Also, the blue tinted sleeve is the bigger issue, as it usually cannot be removed from the old lamp intact. Some bulbs actually have a painted on coating rather than a plastic sleeve, haven't checked those in my MA-7 to see how they were done.

MA-7: What is it?
It´s a monitor unit having three modes for the meters: VU, Peak, Peak Hold.
It has a built in oscillator (400Hz and 10kHz) can be used to adjust the tape recorder.

practical uses
2. seven practical uses.jpg

how to use it
3.jpg

Last edited:
MA-7 PFD

Use open with...TWINUI

Hope this is what your looking for. Enjoy!

Attachments

• MA-7[1].pdf
    175.9 KB · Views: 19
  • MA-7%20Information[1].pdf
    653.7 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
schematic (only one I have - hard to read) and specifications

schematic 1.jpg

specifications 2.jpg

specificatons 1.jpg

That's all I have, besides photos. Hope it helps!

Attachments

• specifications 2.jpg
    specifications 2.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
AX-7

Sansui also made the AX-7 device during the ‘first-wave’ of home-music-production: The AX-7 ‘Audio Mixer.’ A four-input HI-Z mixer, the AX-7 was designed to allow the user more easily use multiple stereo tape decks to ping-pong tracks into a layered production. It also offered global spring reverb.

ax-7.jpg

i-img1003x739-1540450967ys04pz1486839.jpg

Sansui_AX7_text-1024x819.jpg

** If anyone ever finds 1 each/PS-1P and/or 1 each/PS-2P ... tell me!! :) mission impossible. **

Last edited:
MA-7 PFD

Use open with...TWINUI

Hope this is what your looking for. Enjoy!

Bluesky, you are a legend. These 2 are from the endangered species listed Operators Manual. I've never seen these before and have no idea what else might be in that manual. Thank you. hifiengine has the brochure and from somewhere, AK I think I have the Service Manual jpgs. Really appreciate your posting so much. And I have the AX-7 mixer and RA-900 reverb amp going into the same GX rack.
Slowly getting there, just took delivery of 2 RX-100 drawers shipped [by sea] from Canada. The seller rescued them from the local recycle center [garbage tip] and they are almost in perfect condition :rflmao: Slight surface rust on lower panels getting a repaint and adding some extra support for the lightweight drawer floor [1/16" ply]......yep, getting there.

The lamps will be 8V wirelead meter lamps, not too difficult to find, but not so easy to install as they are soldered in. Also, the blue tinted sleeve is the bigger issue, as it usually cannot be removed from the old lamp intact. Some bulbs actually have a painted on coating rather than a plastic sleeve, haven't checked those in my MA-7 to see how they were done.

Ahh, they did look soldered when peering through the patterned lower cover......mmmm a bit of a challenge to change out on several fronts.I'll chase the lamps first then warm up the soldering iron. I notice the one that's working is brighter than the TU-417 dial and meter lamps it presently sits above so I might fiddle with color and brightness. Many thanks for the heads up. Love this Forum...:biggrin:

Back
Top Bottom