Sanyo TP-600 SA

Rygen

I can break any motor.
Just picked one of these up from a friend of mine (thanks Michael). Surprising sound from this table. It's heavy, built like a tank, belt driven and pretty damn quiet.

Got a pretty substantial tone arm on it, seems medium mass to me. Base is very well constructed. Need to try my Denon DL-110 on it!

Got it all set up and running some vinyl through it and really like it, I feel like this is a sleeper unit. Handsome unit as well in my opinion. Definitely a keeper!

Anyone else have one of these or experience with the Sanyo units?

Some pics...

sanyo1.jpg

sanyo2.jpg

sanyo3.jpg

I've got the TP 626, probably a couple of years newer but with a strong family resemblance to yours, same arm, same control layout, same deck other than trim and a similar plinth. It is a surprisingly good turntable. The more time I spend with mine the more I like it. I'm sure you'll like yours a lot too.

This Sanyo stuff definitely flies under the radar. They made some really good gear that nobody recognizes. Their "Plus Series" components are gaining a reputation but the regular line is definitely under-appreciated.

That being said, they did make some total crap. I guess that's why the good stuff is so easily dismissed.

John

Attachments

• SanyoTP626 003.jpg
    SanyoTP626 003.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 1,082
Hmmm... Wouldn't that arm look good on the AR? (j/k?)

Just picked up a 626 and I've been lookin' at the arm, and lookin' at the AR, and lookin' at the arm, and lookin'...

You're right though, they are nice tables. Another fine effort from CEC. Just my opinion but I think that lateral weight is more for "bling" than function. Kinda surprised to see them on Sanyo branded tables.

...at the AR. Wonder if I could save the cueing? (j/k?)

picture.php

You're a bad influence....
..the thought crossed my mind long before I put up this thread.

I have a TP-80SB. It's the same table in a high sided base with a top/front dust cover. I bought my first one when I was twelve. I sold it about 10 years ago, and then realized it's exactly what I wanted and had to go FIND and buy another one! I have a pic somewhere. I'll find it and post it.

Nothing wrong with a good Sanyo. I know I will be keeping my Q50 for a long time, my first turntable, haha, it now has sentimental value.

Just picked up a 600SA for $3. Very nice basic deck. Has original headshell with a AT cart, needs a new stylus. Missing the dust cover. (Anyone out there got one?) Cleaned up nicely & sounds great with my Shure M95ED. :music:

Attachments

• P7230015.jpg
    P7230015.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 174
  • P7230016.jpg
    P7230016.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 152
  • P7230017.jpg
    P7230017.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 128
  • P7230018.jpg
    P7230018.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 133
  • P7230019.jpg
    P7230019.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:
That's the same basic CEC turntable as my TP80SB. Very nice.

I probably have a dust cover but it's not at all nice. Still, PM me if you want a tatty one.

Sorry to bring up this thread again but I just picked up one of these and was wondering how much a new cartridge & stylus for this model would cost. It currently has a Shure M91ED? cartridge and a yellow Hi-Track stylus with no needle in the stylus.

I'm not a vinyl person per say but I stumbled across this and it was in such good shape that I couldn't pass on it.

I'm just wondering if it's worth putting money into and if so probably as little as possible.

Any suggestions as always are appreciated.

I like the sound of the M91ED and wish I kept mine, there are replacement stylus for it. Another option is a M97xe which sounds good on this table.

Sorry to bring up this thread again but I just picked up one of these and was wondering how much a new cartridge & stylus for this model would cost. It currently has a Shure M91ED? cartridge and a yellow Hi-Track stylus with no needle in the stylus.

I'm not a vinyl person per say but I stumbled across this and it was in such good shape that I couldn't pass on it.

I'm just wondering if it's worth putting money into and if so probably as little as possible.

The Sanyo belt drives like that one, made by C.E.C., are pretty nice tables and the Shure M91ED is a very good cartridge, quite a favorite around here. Generic replacement styli of good quality are available for it on eBay. EVG and Pfanstiehl are the brands with EVG being a little better than Pfanstiehl. They're unbelievably cheap but don't let the price fool you!

John

Last edited:

I'd strongly consider replacing the cart with an AT-95VL.

The Sanyo belt drives like that one, made by C.E.C., are pretty nice tables and the Shire M91ED is a very good cartridge, quite a favorite around here. Generic replacement styli of good quality are available for it on eBay. EVG and Pfanstiehl are the brands with EVG being a little better than Pfanstiehl. They're unbelievably cheap but don't let the price fool you!

John

John

Hey John,

Thanks for suggestions on the Styli's, I'll look into them tonight.

Back
Top Bottom