Audiokarma Needs your support !!!!!

Grumpy

Krusty old SOB! Yes, I own Audiokarma
Staff member
Admin
Sponsor
Subscriber
Audiokarma needs your support!

For as long as possible, we have delayed the acquisition of a new and more powerful server. To meet the needs of our rapidly growing membership, the new server will be like a Ferrari compared to our old one.

While we certainly appreciate the continued support of our subscribers and vendors, we now find ourselves needing additional funding for this upgrade. A donation towards the new server would be greatly appreciated. We welcome any amount, large or small. Simply click the donate button on the AK home page and mention "server" in the text. Also, please don't forget about our Auctions for Audiokarma. If you have a piece of gear or media you can spare, we welcome the addition.

We certainly don't want to burden our membership, but rather appeal to those who wish to help with the new server implementation. Thank you in advance for your generosity in helping to make AK the kind of place where we want to spend time, and know that your donations will make that time spent even more enjoyable!

Warmest regards,

The AK Staff​

Does AK own it's own hardware? If so I may have parts to donate like Memory.

SAS Controller, Server network cards, Maybe a chassis and mainboard?

Is this helpfull?

Does AK own it's own hardware? If so I may have parts to donate like Memory.

SAS Controller, Server network cards, Maybe a chassis and mainboard?

Is this helpfull?

Hello,

No, we lease our server, but thank you for your offer.

Grumpy

Is the donate button also the pay button? Or am I just missing it?

I think that's correct (I couldn't find the "Donate" wording either). It will take you to a paypal payment page, and you can specify what it is you are paying / donating the money for. I put server fund. If you are subscribing, its a slightly different process, IIRC.

Yes, the Pay button is the same as Donate. Paypal made us change its name a while back. Thank you all for your help and consideration.

Grumpy

I'm in for $25. I've learned more from this site than every college course I've ever taken, and enjoyed it 10 times more!

Is there any means of donating via credit card, or is it like the subscription deal -- PayPal only?

I've been donating 2% of my eBay sales to AK so far this year, and plan to continue for the foreseeable future - server or no server. Much of the reason my listings have done so well lately is due to what I've learned from the wonderful, selfless people on this site. :yes:

I think that if AK ever went down, we would not only lose the best (by far) vintage electronics technical reference on the internet, I personally would have a very large empty spot in my everyday life, and would literally feel like I'd lost members of my own family. I think I've taken more than most from this site, so I'm delighted to be able to give back, if only in small measure. :thmbsp:

Is there any means of donating via credit card, or is it like the subscription deal -- PayPal only?

No Paypal? Send checks or money orders (with member name) to:
AudioKarma LLC, 29488 Woodward Ave., Suite 160, Royal Oak, MI 48073

PM Grumpy if you have questions.

No Paypal? Send checks or money orders (with member name) to:
Actually there is: after you click the "pay" link on the homepage, click the "don't have a paypal account?". You will be able to pay with a credit card. It will try to get you to sign up for Paypal, but you won't have to.

Hey Now,

Donation sent. Thanks for a great place to hang out.

--
Finest kind,
Chris

Back
Top Bottom