Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi

Hi,

I have Pi 1B and 2B for dev / test and not Pi B+... but from what I have read about the B+ it should work fine with Moode Player.

What DAC are you connecting?

If you have problems let me know and I will investigate :)

Regards,
TC

Volumio seems to have some problems -- with the Library and Playlist views not working. So I'll give Moode a try.

Moode seems to be working better than Volumio was.

Playlist tab: It's working now.

Library tab: Works but with some issues. The content appears but there is a limit to the number of entries that appear under the Artists pane on the left (and the sorting of the entries is odd). With my library it gets up to The Beatles and then stops. Some artist entries also appear in the list multiple times and, when I click one of the entries, all of the entries with the same label are auto-selected. Example:
UPDATE: It looks like the "limit" thing might simply be a result of the previous library scan having never completed for unknown reasons. I'm running an update scan now.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Moode_Artists_Pane.jpg
    Moode_Artists_Pane.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 369
Last edited:
UPDATE: It looks like the "limit" thing might simply be a result of the previous library scan having never completed for unknown reasons. I'm running an update scan now.

Well, the update/scan got everything to show up in the Browse tab. But now I can't get anything to show up in the Library tab. That's enough for today... will come back to this later.

I moved over the Moode SD card from my Pi 1B+ to a Pi 2B. The Library tab was still empty. But I took a stab at changing a few PHP settings and got the Library to work. The trick was in one or more of the following settings. But I'm not sure which one(s) mattered and I don't feel like backing them out one at a time tonight.

1. In /etc/php5/fpm/php.ini, increased the max_execution_time from 30 to 60.
2. In /etc/php5/fpm/php.ini, increased the max_input_vars from 10000 to 30000.
3. In /etc/php5/fpm/php.ini, increased the memory_limit from 128M to 384M.
4. In /etc/nginx/nginx.conf, increased the worker_processes from 1 to 2.

I have almost 19000 tracks on my NAS share. It seems that this is too much for Moode/ACX/Orion to handle in their default configurations.

I moved over the Moode SD card from my Pi 1B+ to a Pi 2B. The Library tab was still empty. But I took a stab at changing a few PHP settings and got the Library to work. The trick was in one or more of the following settings. But I'm not sure which one(s) mattered and I don't feel like backing them out one at a time tonight.

1. In /etc/php5/fpm/php.ini, increased the max_execution_time from 30 to 60.
2. In /etc/php5/fpm/php.ini, increased the max_input_vars from 10000 to 30000.
3. In /etc/php5/fpm/php.ini, increased the memory_limit from 128M to 384M.
4. In /etc/nginx/nginx.conf, increased the worker_processes from 1 to 2.

I have almost 19000 tracks on my NAS share. It seems that this is too much for Moode/ACX/Orion to handle in their default configurations.
Hi,

Thanks for testing!

max_input_vars governs how many data items can be transferred in a single request between client and server, so it could be this setting.

Way back in 1.3 release I bumped the setting from 1000 to 10000 plus some code changes so that Add (all) from the Library to the Playlist would work for "larger" libraries.

I'll try your settings :)

Regards,
TC

I've found that although those settings do get the Library tab to work sometimes, it's still not a guarantee. I suspect that the Pi and Pi 2 simply don't have the horsepower needed to handle a library of this size with the ACX/Orion WEBUI. Optimization of the WEBUI interface (PHP code) might help but may also require a significant time investment. If I discover anything else I'll let you know.

Hi,

Its probably not a "horsepower" issue per se. I use my (not ideal) 16K track test collection of ALAC files on USB HDD and MPD database update takes 12 mins and Library load takes 35 secs. Library performance after loading is not great.

The Library as originally written, loads the entire track list for a collection into the Browser even though only a few are displayed. For large collections, all these tracks in the Browser cause performance issues.

I'll be posting the first test release for 1.8 soon that includes mods to the Library code so it only display tracks if an Album is selected. Testing indicates greatly improved performance :)

Regards,
Tim

Great! I mostly swim around in the "mud" on the back-end application server side of things for my day job, as far away as possible from any front-end/UI code. I think vi is a good interface, so they wouldn't want me designing UIs anyway! But I'm glad that someone is happy working on the front-end. :D

Hi,

Moode 1.8 Test Release #1 is available for download at http://tcmods.org via the TEST CODE button :)

This release includes a modification to the Library that provides increased performance for large music collections, a few bug fixes and some great new high bitrate radio stations including Czech Radio Classical (FLAC).

See attached release notes for details.

Regards,
http://tcmods.org
TC

======================
1.8 Release 2015-04-DD
======================

New features

- NEW:

Media

- NEW: Czech Radio Classical (FLAC)
- NEW: EuropaRadioJazz - 883 SmoothJazz
- NEW: EuropaRadioJazz - Smoothjazz HD Audiophile
- NEW: EuropaRadioJazz - TheSoundOfJazz

Updates

- UPD: Improve performance of Library for large collections

Bug fixes

- FIX: Incorrect metadata parsing for radio stations that do not transmit a name element

Attachments

• 883SmoothJazzHD.png
    883SmoothJazzHD.png
    109.9 KB · Views: 15
  • 883SmoothJazz320kbps.png
    883SmoothJazz320kbps.png
    89.3 KB · Views: 12
  • EuropaRadioJazzTheSoundOfJazz320kbps.png
    EuropaRadioJazzTheSoundOfJazz320kbps.png
    86.6 KB · Views: 12
  • CzechRadioClassical.png
    CzechRadioClassical.png
    19.9 KB · Views: 13
Hi,

I've started to maintain a DAC compatibility list based on user feedback. The following are all USB DAC's that work great with Moode. More to come. Look for it on tcmods.org DAC LIST page.

Audiobyte Black Dragon
Aune s16
Chord Hugo
Soekris R-2R + DIYinhk receiver
LH Labs Geek out (via powered USB hib)
Marantz HD DAC 1
Pioneer U05

Regards,
tcmods.org
TC

Hi,

Here's a brief update on release 1.8 (late April) There may be a Test Release #2 before the final release.

The attached screen shots show a prototype of the new Playback panel layout with integrated playlist and unified control bar, new System config page with comprehensive name change and timezone select features and a streamlined Sources page.

Enjoy!

See release notes below for details.

Regards,
tcmods.org
MoodeAudio Twitter Feed
TC

======================
1.8 Release 2015-04-DD
======================

New features

- NEW: Playback panel with integrated playlist
- NEW: Change Player and network service names
- NEW: Select local timezone
- NEW: Choose Theme color from Customize popup

Media

Updates

- UPD: Streamline layout of Sources, Network and System config pages
- UPD: Add audio device descriptions to Customize popup (21 devices, 11 new)
- UPD: RaspyPlay4 DAC added to I2S audio device dropdown
- UPD: Add friendly names for Audio output on MPD config page
- UPD: Replace btn-cmd code in scripts-configuration.js with same from scripts-playback.js
- UPD: Show/hide userid and password fields on mount screen based on CIFS or NFS selected

Bug fixes

- FIX: Incorrect metadata parsing for radio stations that do not transmit a name element
- FIX: Wrong selector id on "for=" for kernelver label on System config page
- FIX: System config page not updating certain form fields after selection change
- FIX: Toggle control for CMedia not working on System config page

Attachments

• moode-r18-playback-proto1c.jpg
    moode-r18-playback-proto1c.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 19
  • moode-r18-sysconfig.png
    moode-r18-sysconfig.png
    110 KB · Views: 15
  • moode-r18-sources.png
    moode-r18-sources.png
    91.8 KB · Views: 13
Hi,

Here's a few more release 1.8 screen shots showing the new PCM volume setting feature and updated layout for the new Playback panel with integrated playlist.

The blue screen shot shows that for BerryNOS Red which has no hardware volume controller we get "no PCM volume mixer detected" and no "SET" button. The orange screen shot shows that for IQaudIO DAC+ which does have hardware volume controller we get a volume level and ability to change it.

This feature provides an easy way to set the 0dB point for configurations where the audio device has a hardware volume controller and either MPD software volume is being used or an external volume control is being used.

Enjoy!

Regards,
tcmods.org
MoodeAudio Twitter Feed
TC

======================
1.8 Release 2015-04-DD
======================

New features

- NEW: Playback panel with integrated playlist (choose layout from Customize popup)
- NEW: Change Player and network service names
- NEW: Set ALSA PCM volume level

Attachments

• moode-r18-playback1d.jpg
    moode-r18-playback1d.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 13
  • moode-r18-sysconfig2b.jpg
    moode-r18-sysconfig2b.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 14
  • moode-r18-sysconfig2a.jpg
    moode-r18-sysconfig2a.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 13
Hi,

Here's a few screen shots showing the final 1.8 Playbcak panel w/integrated playlist :) and six new theme colors (upper row).

Regards,
tcmods.org
MoodeAudio Twitter Feed
TC

Attachments

• moode-r18-playback1g.jpg
    moode-r18-playback1g.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 12
  • theme-colors-r18.png
    theme-colors-r18.png
    20.5 KB · Views: 11
Hi,

Moode Audio Player release 1.8 is available for download at http://tcmods.org :)

This release includes the new Playback panel with integrated playlist, support for more devices, performance improvements, individual toolbars for each panel, new theme colors, new radio stations and a variety of system configuration features that make the player easier to use.

Enjoy!

Regards,
http://tcmods.org
http://twitter.com/MoodeAudio
TC

======================
1.8 Release 2015-04-29
======================

New features

- NEW: Playback panel with integrated playlist
- NEW: Set Player and network media service names
- NEW: Set ALSA PCM volume level
- NEW: Theme colors (Bluejeans, Fallenleaf, Grass, Herb, Lavender and Rose)

Media

Updates

- UPD: Streamline layout of Sources, Network and System config pages
- UPD: Individual toolbars for each panel (Browse, Library and Playback)
- UPD: Userid and password fields on mount screen hidden when NFS selected
- UPD: Additional audio device descriptions (23 devices, 12 new)
- UPD: RaspyPlay4 added to I2S audio device selector
- UPD: Durio Sound PRO added to I2S audio device selector
- UPD: Add friendly names for DAC, ALSA and CODEC audio output on MPD config page
- UPD: Update old btn-cmd code in scripts-configuration.js
- UPD: Cover art default size increased to 600 x 600px
- UPD: Auto hide browser scrollbars on IE
- UPD: Add alias logo for NTS Live London radio station
- UPD: Mods to MiniDLNA conf file to enable functionality
- UPD: Add link in System config to MiniDLNA status page
- UPD: Add logic to handle metadata for UPnP song files

Bug fixes

- FIX: Wrong selector id on "for=" for kernelver label on System config page
- FIX: System config page not updating certain form fields after selection change
- FIX: Toggle control for CMedia not working on System config page
- FIX: Left margin on playlist item <span> causing wrapping issue
- FIX: Html code in mpd config page

Attachments

• player-r18-1.jpg
    player-r18-1.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 10
  • player-r18-3.jpg
    player-r18-3.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 7
  • player-r18-4.png
    player-r18-4.png
    64.6 KB · Views: 7
Hi,

Starting to work on release 1.9 for end of May :)

Some items on the to-do list include the addition of some great new listener-supported, commercial-free radio stations, UPnP enhancements, streamlined theme changer internals, UI improvements and possibly some enhancements to MPD and SoX.

Regards,
tcmods.org
http://twitter.com/MoodeAudio
TC

Attachments

• Jazz883FMKSDS.png
    Jazz883FMKSDS.png
    32.2 KB · Views: 4
Back
Top Bottom