iTunes Internet Radio

But aren't they converted over to Apple Music, and are not free?
Nah. The radio stations Freds.Bands is referring to (just discovered) is a vast directory of independent internet radio stations. This listing service has been a part of the iTunes Media Player since it's inception/inheritance some 15 years ago.

This “hidden” directory is not part of Apple’s Music Service proper and their own in-house genre/mood based “radio stations”; those of which Apple did fold into their subscription tier of their service recently.

It’s simply a “yellow pages” of links to some 14,000 independent internet radio stations spanning all genres across the globe. Tuning in here remains open and freely accessible to Joe Blow consumer. These streams ain't on Apple's payroll or bandwidth bill. ;)

itunes-radio.jpg

Last edited:
True, +48V. It's just part of their software making available those stations. I didn't provide more info because I figured most people already know about it, though I haven't seen any refs to it here. Been listening for a few years, mostly to classics and jazz stns. Got to spend some time finding your fav stations.

In the "Eclectic" list is Radio Paradise.

Hand crafted and commercial free.

I know many here have heard of it, but felt compelled to give it a shout-out anyway.

Listening to it now.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom